Rear engine mount check!

ReVHard

Intec
Hey dudes, what's up?

I've had the clankity noise comin from my lower engine area for some time now and i think it's a busted engine mount (since my pal said if I keep doin burn outs that I'll damage one of them some day).

Problem is how do I know if the mount is good or not by visual inspection? and where is the rear mount located?

Thanks.
Later

grab the engine and if you can rock it back and forward alot then rear mount is most likely gone

you will be able to see the mount, it is on the Inlet side, in the middle of the engine bay.

just look through under the inlet manifold. you will see it if it is split

Hey, Thanks for the speedy replys......ok, so when I hold the intake manifold and rock it back and forth, the entire engine moves a bit plus when I do this and look at the bolt in the back mount, the bolt seems to move without the rest of the mount moving......so I'm guessing its busted.......

Has anyone ever replaced this mount DIY style, how easy is it to do if possible, if so could someone give me a procedure?

Thanks......

its fairly straight forwrd man..basically theres a "T" shape bracket. one side (engine side) of the bracket is three bolts that connect the bracket to the engine.. on the far side (near the bulkhead) there is a mount bolted to the car and the bracket is connected to this by one bolt...

the easiest way i find is to disconnect the braket (1 Bolt-bulkhead side-) this can be done from above car - thru engiine bay).. then take off the other 3 bolts on the far side (they connect bracket to engine)..you mite have to be under the car to get these. the bracket will come off then you can access the mount and replace it ( from top of engine bay) nearly sure all bolts ar 17mm //

130_0809_16_z+b16_honda_swap+a_rear_engine_bracket.jpg

Last edited:
Back