Skunk2 Cat-back

Loaf

98 EK9
I have a Skunk2 cat-back on my eg6 and I would like to swap it for something a bit quieter, open to offers.

Can anyone recommend an exhaust that is not too loud but wont sacrifice performance?

why dont you just use the silencer that came with it? if it didnt come with one why dont you just buy a silencer? skunk2 silencers are pretty cheap.

why dont you just use the silencer that came with it? if it didnt come with one why dont you just buy a silencer? skunk2 silencers are pretty cheap.

I am using the silencer! How would I not be using the silencer???

It's just a bit "boomy" around the 2000rpm range.

think he means why dont you use the bung that goes in the tail pipe.
or get one made up. or buy one

i have an hks silent hi power (jasma stamped also) and its really quiet but just nice when you accelerate

i have an hks silent hi power (jasma stamped also) and its really quiet but just nice when you accelerate

i have the same one but the baffle in the silencer has gone (all shat itself out of the back one day) now its so bloody loud!!!!!!!! hate it....i think im getting old.lol

WOW, really. thats really wierd. when i opened up my Skunk2 box for the first time i just picked up the silencer and chucked it in the trash thinking to myself, "Oh well, aint no need for that!" All of the sound deadening is gone on my EK and i think its still not loud enough. maybe all those years of shooting weapons and listening to my Mp3 player on max volume has taken its toll on me.

I guess it goes to show that it all comes down to personal perference. Me, personaly, I am not satisfied setting off car alarms as I drive down the street. I want an exhaust so loud that it make babies cry as i pass :D.

Last edited:
Hi guys I'm new to this site, only had my EK9 6 weeks or so and its awesome. It did have a 5Zigen Fireball catback 2.5 inch pipe but changed the backbox the other week as it was just too loud. Had a stainless steel one hand made especially for the car the same day by a performance exhaust place near where I live, reduced the piping on bend at the back to 2.25 inch. It has reduced the noise a little but at the same time given it a deeper sound which is great and it looks fab with its 4 inch jap look tailpipe. If anyone interested I will pop some pictures on for you to look at and give comment!!

Here are 2 pics that I have at the mo! Gonna take some better one's over the weekend :)

Attachments

• $EK9.jpg
    $EK9.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 193
  • $EK9 (1).jpg
    $EK9 (1).jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 174
I guess it goes to show that it all comes down to personal perference. Me, personaly, I am not satisfied setting off car alarms as I drive down the street. I want an exhaust so loud that it make babies cry as i pass :D.

Now that's what I like to hear! Someone give that man a buddyclub spec II!!

i have the same one but the baffle in the silencer has gone (all shat itself out of the back one day) now its so bloody loud!!!!!!!! hate it....i think im getting old.lol

I am using the baffle but it makes it too quiet, its kind of muffled!

I just want a nice quiet exhaust for daytime and long journeys, but unleashes hell in vtec!

Back