Honda Civic Type R Newbie

trippy

Hello,

I am currently about to purchase a 2000 Civic Type R (Black) dead stock apart from a amazing ARC Super Induction box, when Vtec comes in at like 6000RPM it sounds amazing..

One consideration is that the car has done 120,000 KM on the clock.. is this a really bad thing?

Thanks guys, used to drive a Turbo Starlet before looking for a different kind of thrill now.

i never consider how the previous owner drove a honda, because you know what the answer will be. he drove the piss out of it. your going to drive the piss out of it, thats what we do. they can take the punishment. the only concern is how he treated the tranny.

trippy said:
Hello,

I am currently about to purchase a 2000 Civic Type R (Black) dead stock apart from a amazing ARC Super Induction box, when Vtec comes in at like 6000RPM it sounds amazing..

One consideration is that the car has done 120,000 KM on the clock.. is this a really bad thing?

Thanks guys, used to drive a Turbo Starlet before looking for a different kind of thrill now.
Hi
Look forward to the pics mate
That milage is nothing for a honda engine !
Are you inporting it yourself?

it all depends on how the previous owner drove the vehicle, you can see honda ek9s with 50k kms and in very bad condition, also you can see ek9s with 150k kms and in very very good condition.

I bought my car with 60,000 km, it was a grade 4 car, the car is just like new! perfect!

Good luck, previously i owned a 1996 starlet glanza, nice cars..

Sounds good man, You had a glanza also cool cool.
My only concern still is the milage man, but you guys say and alot of other sites say the type r engines are solid reliable engines.. at the end of the day your buying a 2nd hand used car... well I pray it's a good buy.

It's dead stock except for arc super induction box, (funny thing is the guy tells me it revs to 9500.... ) what do you think I should modify first to see if I can extract more power from it?

What RPMS you guys shift out for a mostly stock car? and what's the RPM drop like your still above 6000 right in Vtec?

welcome mate,

If you have stock car, you should shift at the stock rpm limit, there's no need to rev up in a stock motor if you're not making any power at all. In my EK9 i have aftermarket camshafts, and i rev up to 9200 RPM, thats because i make power until that RPM range.

trippy said:
Sounds good man, You had a glanza also cool cool.
My only concern still is the milage man, but you guys say and alot of other sites say the type r engines are solid reliable engines.. at the end of the day your buying a 2nd hand used car... well I pray it's a good buy.

It's dead stock except for arc super induction box, (funny thing is the guy tells me it revs to 9500.... ) what do you think I should modify first to see if I can extract more power from it?

Ok, i will start with a good exaust system, and another ecu. Thats the only mods i got right now and the feels a lot faster, it all depends on how much money you want to spend? :D:hehe:

Back