Word of Warning!

Vtec6000

Super Moderator
Donator
After posting a some what non-related reply in another thread about Phearabe ecu's it received enough attention that it was suggested by other members to open a thread on this so here it is:D

I recieved my Phearable ecu last week and upon fitting the results were not good. The car did not idle correct it was very unstable even when it warmed up it still wouldn't really settle. On the road when driving I found the car felt like it had less torque, then when I brought it upto vtec which by Phearable's recommendation was set at 5800rpm I felt a dip in power till 6000rpm and again even when at high rpm it felt like I had lost torque also the ecu was to incorporate a two step rev limiter for launching this did not work at all and when I contacted them about this and the idle problem they tried to say I didnt ask for this feature but I had a copy of the email sent which clearly stated I did want this feature, eventually they said they would send me another chip which I will have to install myself (not that I will be using this ecu again) Very bad after service from these guys.

Another thing to note I ended up paying €60 to customs as the package had the price of the item shown on the outside of the box which was €300 this could have been avoided if used or no price was displayed on the box cause essentially the ecu you receive is a used ecu with a chip put inside it. e.g the ecu I recieved came from a EG3 civic.

My advice to anyone considering using Phearable for a chipped ecu is stay well clear I wasted €360 on a ecu which made my car slower. Stick with your standard ecu or go with a reputable manufacture of aftermarket ecu's that is known to work good with your application.

Sorry to hear this, I used a phearable.net ecu with my 99 ek9, no problems at all, I did half a second faster times in the 1/8 mile time.

I ordered one for my friend's dc2, and it didn't worked well, :(

So I don't know if I can recommend phearable.net ecus anymore.

take it to the track and see what it does, just cause it feels slower on your butt, doesent mean it is, hope it all works out though...

I agree with blinx.
You should have done a baseline dyno run before the new ecu tune, and then another after. This will tell you if it was better or worse.
Did you tell them to not put the price on the box before shipping?
I hope you work things out however, phereable isn't the only place that does this ECU tuning.

I have no experience of Phearable, only Hondata & AEM, but I think everyone should realise that you have to tune a car for the fuel your going to run it on; even I/H/E modification can lean your car out enough to overexpand your factory pistons. Most of these 'chips' were made on standard cars or on part modded ones.

do the right thing, buy proper management and get it tuned by an experienced / manufacturer approved tuner! These chips are worthless IMO. Theyre just a guess of whatll make good air/fuel ratios and timing maps.:angry::angry2:

I have no experience of Phearable, only Hondata & AEM, but I think everyone should realise that you have to tune a car for the fuel your going to run it on; even I/H/E modification can lean your car out enough to overexpand your factory pistons. Most of these 'chips' were made on standard cars or on part modded ones.

do the right thing, buy proper management and get it tuned by an experienced / manufacturer approved tuner! These chips are worthless IMO. Theyre just a guess of whatll make good air/fuel ratios and timing maps.:angry::angry2:

I agree these chips are useless

jon vega of phearable has said many times that his chips are BASEMAPS and that everybody should have a proper dyno session done...

jon vega of phearable has said many times that his chips are BASEMAPS and that everybody should have a proper dyno session done...

This was not mentioned by him to me and I asked plenty of questions before ordering. alot of the questions he avoided by simply not answering at all.

Who wants to buy a basemap :shocked: :angry2:

a lot of people, example:

-there are no qualified tuners in your area
-you just fitted new parts like larger injectors and you need something to drive around on temporarily
-you did a motor swap and dont have the stock ecu for your motor so you can just get a phearable ecu mapped for a stock car

there are plenty of reasons this is a good option imo.

I have just done a JDM B18C conversion in a face lift EK9 with a OBD2b ecu for a customer. He purchased one of these ECU's with the conversion harness and requested a standard B18C map.
The car was running very lumpy, hunting on idle and was very easy to stall, but it did go well at full throttle.
I decided to check the fueling with a APEXI full auto timer that has a fuel/air ratio function. On idle, cruising and very light acceleration was at 10.5:1, on over-run went to 14.5:1 and full throttle was less than 10:1 :wow: (only reads down to 10).
A standard ek9 runs 14.3:1 at idle and cruising, about 12.5:1 light acceleration and 10.5:1 full throttle.

I advised him to scrap the Phearable ecu, get a OBD2b -> OBD2a conversion harness and use the standard JDM B18C ecu:nice:.

If anyone thinks these Phearable ecu's are any good come and buy this paper weight off of me:angry2:

:mad:IMO DONT GET A Phearable!!!:mad:

Dunx

I have just done a JDM B18C conversion in a face lift EK9 with a OBD2b ecu for a customer. He purchased one of these ECU's with the conversion harness and requested a standard B18C map.
The car was running very lumpy, hunting on idle and was very easy to stall, but it did go well at full throttle.
I decided to check the fueling with a APEXI full auto timer that has a fuel/air ratio function. On idle, cruising and very light acceleration was at 10.5:1, on over-run went to 14.5:1 and full throttle was less than 10:1 :wow: (only reads down to 10).
A standard ek9 runs 14.3:1 at idle and cruising, about 12.5:1 light acceleration and 10.5:1 full throttle.

I advised him to scrap the Phearable ecu, get a OBD2b -> OBD2a conversion harness and use the standard JDM B18C ecu:nice:.

If anyone thinks these Phearable ecu's are any good come and buy this paper weight off of me:angry2:

:mad:IMO DONT GET A Phearable!!!:mad:

Dunx

Defently the standard ecu is far better than those rubbish ecu's Phearable make. I could have bought the 5zigen exhaust off bazza if I didnt waste my money on that crap :mad:

At the end of the day any pre-tuned map is just a guess... and you might-aswell drive the car round untuned and wreck it.

A standard ek9 runs 14.3:1 at idle and cruising, about 12.5:1 light acceleration and 10.5:1 full throttle

:shocked:

14.7:1 stoichiometric combustion at idle when at operating temperature and 13.5:1 WOT. Even my turbo nine doesnt run 10.5:1, itd wash the rings out. Your guage must be out buddy, but it this is like the VAFC piggyback systems then its only reading the factory narrowband sensor.

Back