Warning. Have a read.

he used the spray can and it wasnt until he tried welding over the area he sprayed that he was affected.

i use it to de grease stuff before welding some times, dont use it in aerosol form though,

i've not died yet, that guy must be feeble:p

OMG! i use brake cleaner, i will see if the same warnings are on my tin.
Dunx

if we all took notice of all the warnings on different materials used in the motor industry no one would ever get anything done,

personally i agree with what dino said, this guy has exaggerated and blown it all out of proportion,

I feel his story is slightly floored, he must of not wiped the surface at all or got his welding gear out very fast or used some sh1t brakecleaner,

all the stuff i've ever used has evaporated very fast, the science/theory may be correct but the story i feel is unlikeley to be true!

Last edited:
That article is not factually correct: phosgene can be detected from 4 particles per million according to Wikipedia.

Something else:

Low (<0.5 ppm): Odor recognition occurs around 0.5 ppm, but is not sufficient to protect. May be health
problems.

Medium (0.5 - 5 ppm): Exposure to 1 ppm causes little irritation, but may lead to fluid in the lungs after some
period of time. 3 ppm causes immediate throat irritation. 4 ppm causes irritation of the eyes, and 5 ppm causes a
cough.

High (30 - 300 ppm): Three phases occur. first phase includes eye and throat pain, with chest tightness and
shortness of breath. Some heart effects occur in the first phase. The second phase is without symptoms. In the
third phase, fluid collects in the lungs, sometimes leading to death. Exposure to 50 ppm may be immediately fatal.

http://dec.alaska.gov/air/anpms/toxics/noncarc/phosgene10.pdf

Not saying that the guys made everything up, but he indeed seems to be exagerating. And even then, everyone knows you shouldn't heat aggresive chemicals in any way.

Yeah, and it's good that he does and it's good that you are doing. Though he seems to be exagerating a bit, it show not to mess with agressive chemicals! Like heating it etc.

Back