Honda CRX RALLY CAR Build

very cool thread :) i'd love to be able to do all this myself!

Realy great build! :nice: didnt even know they made jenveys for B's... Did u buy them new?

Thanks everyone! :thanks:

Yeh bought the jenveys new a few years ago now. They are a nice bit of kit but were very expensive at the time. With the skunk2 cams and the jenvey itb's I gained around 15-20bhp mid range with a very flat power curve for a b16 but not a lot top end power!

Progress is slow and steady! got the radiator brackets mounted up and the radiator in. fitment is ok but it does touch at the top corners so will have to put a bit of rubber in between to cushion it

Also fitted the clutch/brake fluid reservoirs plate

finished off laying out the interior, pic is a bit rubbish but basically made a switch box out of part of the dash. I will have this flocked before I is put in and cut a panel out of carbon to screw to the front for the switches. Also got the extinguisher bracket and foot rest positioned so I wont have to drill many holes once the inside is painted

Started sticking on the exhaust heat shield. Made a slight mess of it but should do the job, the material isn't as flexible as I thought it would be so is quite tricky to get it to stick round all the curves of the floor pan!

Reactions: rvm
Well after a busy few months I am finally back on with the build! I have primed the outside of the car and top coated the inside, wasn't a very pleasant job to do as the car is so small but turned out fairly good considering it was the first time I have sprayed a cage

Reactions: rvm
Wow this thing is looking awesome, good on your for doing all the work yourself! Much more satisfying :D

thanks, im trying to do as much as I can mainly to save money. Going to have to give in and have it sprayed though as ive missed the warm weather and have no way of heating the garage!

Been a while since I have posted! have been busy getting the wiring/brake lines etc sorted so nothing really exciting to take a picture of until I got the car back from painting! JCB yellow :lol:

Last edited:
Love your build, thanks for sharing

:fapfap:

Thanks, its starting to come together now cant wait to drive it! :drive:

What an amazing build! :fapfap:

Back