Garage Project!

Been cracking on with the garage for the past few days. Finally got all the walls fully coated. Took 3 full coats with a go inbetween filling all the cracks with a brush to get a solid white finish but it's done now and looks great. Also rewired a good part of it as the were cables dangling all over!

Looks fantastic man, I love seeing things like this so I think we should start a thread dedicated to garage building and cool home DIY :clap:

Cheers man it's been hard work but good fun :)

Had another BBQ on Saturday night, still getting a hang of how hot this thing gets! It got messy that night haha :D

Finished the garage floor up today, slowed massively by the weather which is annoying but at least it's done!

Hopefully have some decent weather tomorrow and I can put it all back together

Been at it solid today. But the garage is very nearly done!

Just want to put in some lower shelves under the work top to keep some bit's off the floor and then it should be all done :)

Nice garage there bud. Ul cook some stuff of that barbi lol. I think we should have a garage/DIY section aswel lol

Been keeping busy with this. Had a pretty mental house warming party last weekend that took a few days to recover from haha!

Got a few more garage created projects completed this week. First of all last week before the party I finished up the Cable Table Drum. I literally melted my jigsaw trying to cut down the lower stand, got there in the end! Lots of sanding and some treating later and I now have this;

Throw in some old school chairs and it was ready to party :D

I also changed/added a few bits to the Drum-B-Q once I got it back from paint, it's now 100% done! Performed awesome on the night :nice:

Love this;

Treated myself to this set, although second hand off eBay - **** aint cheap!

So during the party I done a 'Hot Wing Challenge' with 3 of my mates and I drunkenly declared that for the winner I would build them a mini Drum-B-Q using a 20L paint tin! So naturally I made a small project of it, I must admit I didn't out as much effort into it as I did mine and got it melted together in just under a day.

I didn't realise before I started making it that the paint tin is slightly tapered in towards the bottom so it made everything look off but there wasn't much I could do about it!

Gave it a little cook off before painting it, bloody little bugger done great!

So with the successful test run I painted it the morning after. One thing Ive never been able to master is painting and this was no exception! I plan on making more of these and selling them on, I will be paying to have them painted properly next time! Not to mention getting straight drums!

Soooo moving on!

My kitchen has a central island which I love and have been wanting to put some kind of island hanging pot rack thing. I was just going to buy one but there wasn't much I liked and the ones I did were fortunes, so why not just make one? I like rustic looking things and I think it turned out pretty well!

Had to make my own hook bending jig thing. Man grinding out 22 of these little puppies was tedious...

And all done, got it mounted to the ceiling today, which didn't fall down - bonus!

Just got to send it off for paint although I'm all out of cash for this month! :D

Also gave the garage some love today putting up some bits Ive had laying around for a while;

Back