my dyno results

that_civic

Hi all wanted to share my dyno results with you all as I'm very sceptical about them. Those who have shared the same tuner would help me out alot.

Okay here goes, had my car tuned by Will @RDT as it was running very **** and heard good stuff about his service which I do not regret as he explained everything and sorted various issues.

The car eventually made 157.3 whp at the hubs on his hub dyno.

Spec is off the top of my head

B18cR
Plm v2 manifold
3" manifold back exhaust
Larger RC injectors
Blackworks adjustable fpr
3" blox vstack and 3" arm
Oem t/b and inlet port matched

Compression was

1-250
2-245
3-250
4-240

He said at the fly it's approximately 210, but apparently you lose 15% through transmission and this is more like 20-25% , using an online calculator brings the result of 180 at the fly.

a1e9239873c31d283e50c58d5a243bad.jpg

I shouldn't get too hung up on numbers - how's it drive? Will's dyno isn't very happy reading. Stock EK9's tend to make around 120-130whp on there (had mine on there the other night and ran 132.14whp), so if that's what honda call 185bhp, then your 157whp looks to be 200+bhp by comparison.

At the end of the day, if it drives good I shouldn't worry too much about it!

I shouldn't get too hung up on numbers - how's it drive? Will's dyno isn't very happy reading. Stock EK9's tend to make around 120-130whp on there (had mine on there the other night and ran 132.14whp), so if that's what honda call 185bhp, then your 157whp looks to be 200+bhp by comparison.

At the end of the day, if it drives good I shouldn't worry too much about it!
Perfectly said. If it puts a smile on ur face and u know the cars healthy then thats all that matters

whast that in bhp never really got this whp ****? an as above once ur happy with how the car performs its only a sheet of paper my can dyno'd at 187bhp but drives an performs really well so im happy out with it like :)

My b16b(when stock) dyno'd 136whp

Thanks lads, yeah it drives better than it ever did just got a sticky throttle which can be easily sorted, also hunting when cold but I'll sort that out soon as I think I know the cause.

Whp is how much power the cars making after transmission loss
So basically at the wheels opposed to at the engine/ flywheel which bhp is measured at without the loss on transmission. I'm almost happy with the car just the problems above and he said it's a good engine and he was happy with the results.

He sorted a problem I never knew I had which was my fan not kicking in when it was meant to, he believes this has caused my valve seals to cook , I'm not joking about this, he burnt himself leaning over my rocker cover an hour after the car was turned off, luckily it hasn't caused any serious damage.

I've always been a bit bemused by the number of dyno results on this forum showing supposed BHP. The WHP number itself is subject to enough variables to render it essentially meaningless when comparing across different dynos and under different conditions etc. Throwing in a very suspect calculation on top of that to try to give a BHP number is just that - suspect at best. I would read nothing into a BHP number unless it was done on an actual engine dyno. And even then it'll be subject to the same variances in dyno setup as you get with wheel/hub dynos.

You can't get hooked up in the actual numbers, but only the shape of the graph, and the resulting changes as you look to make improvements in the vehicle. It's really only yourself that you're comparing to.

I've always been a bit bemused by the number of dyno results on this forum showing supposed BHP. The WHP number itself is subject to enough variables to render it essentially meaningless when comparing across different dynos and under different conditions etc. Throwing in a very suspect calculation on top of that to try to give a BHP number is just that - suspect at best. I would read nothing into a BHP number unless it was done on an actual engine dyno. And even then it'll be subject to the same variances in dyno setup as you get with wheel/hub dynos.

You can't get hooked up in the actual numbers, but only the shape of the graph, and the resulting changes as you look to make improvements in the vehicle. It's really only yourself that you're comparing to.

Agree and what you said about the real engine dyno is exactly what Will said to me.

Very good results, you got your self a good strong engine there ;)

My old b18c I gave yoshi made 162 whp standard with jus a decat

Very good results, you got your self a good strong engine there ;)

My old b18c I gave yoshi made 162 whp standard with jus a decat

Was that on the RDT dyno ?
Will said the only other stock block that beat mine was one with a very short ratio box that made 170whp

Anyways I'll see how it performs next Saturday at the Sprint track

Back