EK9 Slam Panel / Cooling Plate

AndyH

have been looking at slam panels/cooling plates lately for the EK9.just wondering what peoples experience were of different makes etc.

have seen a carbing on for £60 odd
but have seen someone selling a greddy one for £70, but i didnt think greddy did one for an ek9 only an ek4.

any links, opinions or advice would be cool.

Ek9 and EK4 cooling plates shouldnt be any different.
There is not much room for air to bypass up over the radiator on ek's anyway.
Are you having problems with over heating, or do you want a cooling plate for looks? If you do get one for whatever reason, carbing is the nicest.

havent had the ek yet so its forward planning etc.
looks wise you its an obvious big plus but it also serves a purpose so just wanted some info on them.

has anyone got any pic of eks with cooling plates fitted??

it will certainly looks good when you open the hood... tho like "dino" mentioned its will make vry little diff.

www.yowai-ss.com/cooling.html

no personal expierence before with this site, so pls do details (price etc...)if u purchase this one....

Attachments

• $yowai-ss_ek_aluminum.jpg
    $yowai-ss_ek_aluminum.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 3,821
i like the carbing one too, i dont think you need one unless you have an aftermarket radiator, cause the factory radiator has a little piece of foam to direct air, and aftermarket ones dont.

I noticed that foam also helps the coolant from getting everywhere during coolant fills/changes, and one could easily add a stip of foam (door weatherstrip from the hardware store, closed cell) to the front of an aftermarket radiator.

ye its def a bit of engine bling as much as it is for practical reasons. i will hold of for a little bit i think.spoon goodies first for the intake then a bit of blong later on :)

thanks for the replys guys.always gratefull

Back