Supercharged B Series

LoganK

KSWAP THE WORLD
What sort of power would you expect on standard internals?

Anyone on here done one before? Just looking at different set ups for more power so any help is appreciated :nice:

Vortech but they are discontinued so if it breaks spare parts could be a pain or a JRSC :)

what about rotrex ? would sound mega, jrsc will be cool but they dont look anything special in a b series bay but i suppose thats not what you are after

Another contender is Kraftwerks but the kit costs quite a bit new. Also shipping would cost a small fortune from America !

that would be mega ! shipping is a small fortune but im sure youll forget that once up and running :)

All depends on cost. Need more power but don't know which route to go :lol:

I though tegiwa could supply the kraftworks rotrex kit.

Jrsc kit for the b series are discontinued too so gettin spare parts can b a bitch!

Yeah think it's only Kraftwerks/rotrex that are still available now

Come to JAE and see MichealP's Vortech one on stock internals :nice:

His power and torque is pretty similar to my turbo one if i remember, power curve would be different though :run:

Base engine would be a B16A2.

Only thing that puts me off vortech and JRSC is they are discontinued! Parts would be a nightmare to get I imagine.

I bought a JRSC kit a while ago but after looking into the Pro's and Con's over time they just don't seem worth it.

Adding a fair amount of weight, running fairly hot intake air temps from no air cooling unless you faf about with Meth/water injection or a fancy expensive Air/water intake manifold. Even after all of that the gains you get are not that impressive.

A rotrex type kit sounds better as you can cool it and have potential for higher gains but it all seems a waste when you compare them to a simple fast spool small turbo setup.

I ended up selling of my JRSC kit and just settled for building a B20. The overall power will only be slightly less than the SC kit on my B18. But much safer and alot less faf and mess in the engine bay.

Last edited:
Base engine would be a B16A2.

Only thing that puts me off vortech and JRSC is they are discontinued! Parts would be a nightmare to get I imagine.

JRSC on B16A2 gives circa 210-220bhp 150lbsft which are nice numbers.

If you remember Hammy's mugen kitted jordan from way back, this was what it made IIRC (and I usually do ha). There used to be a vortech charged Jordan on the CJ forum, I think it made 260. But for some reason I dont think a vortech/rotrex is cool on a bseries at all haha.

With respect to the intake temps, there is a company in america that can sort this out called LHT. This is what Kev_coupe and Thom (e-eg6) were planning to do.

Some details in this thread:

http://www.ek9.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49983

JRSC on B16A2 gives circa 210-220bhp 150lbsft which are nice numbers.

If you remember Hammy's mugen kitted jordan from way back, this was what it made IIRC (and I usually do ha). There used to be a vortech charged Jordan on the CJ forum, I think it made 260. But for some reason I dont think a vortech/rotrex is cool on a bseries at all haha.

With respect to the intake temps, there is a company in america that can sort this out called LHT. This is what Kev_coupe and Thom (e-eg6) were planning to do.

Some details in this thread:

http://www.ek9.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49983

Thanks a lot man! Will have a read through this :nice:

As above, I looked into supercharging myself and if your doing this to say a b16b/b18c then the extra heat created in the inlet temps really isn't good.
Only reason I thought of a supercharger was for the progressive power, thinking that a turbocharged car could never match one for linear delivery. So I asked romain to map my turbo setup as progressive as possible to try and make it act more like a charged engine. The results are endless grip with fantastic power figure for the boost level IMO.
The only downsides for a turbo setup to me is

Weight over the front of the engine
Getting a good seal on the turbo flanges

Probably more but I'll remember them later lol

Last edited:
Back