CEL code - Cant find jumper plug - ej6/00 civic coupe 1.6

Dark_vteC

Hi everyone,

The other day I was out driving when the check engine light came started flashing. The car immediately felt like it had lost power and when accelerating it was barely moving. Shortly before this happened, I had vtec'd in second, third and just touched it in 4th and then about three minutes later this immediately happened. I didnt over rev or hang in vtec for long. (just listing as much as possible so it might be easier to diagnose if anyone has had a similar experience)

I have read various posts online on how to find the jumper plug. have looked in the passenger side footwell as suggested but there is no 2 pin jumper plug there. Then found out that this is only for USDM civics. My car is a 1999/2000 Honda civic coupe. 1.6 sohc vtec.

another article pointed me to the centre glovebox/armrest by the handbrake. The only wire I can see out of there is a three wire plug. I have also looked underneath the steering colum but cant see anything..maybe im looking in the wrong place.

Can anybody please suggest how and where I can find this two pin jumper so I can find the cel code? I would really really appreciate and be grateful for any help or advice on this.

Thank you in advance.

Just managed to find it under the glovebox BUT..

The CEL light doest come on when i do it the jumper method. It only stays on as a solid light this way.

I've driven the car around the block to get the cel to come on again and tried to count it this way but it keeps blinking for what seems to be for ever.

it blinked 90 times without any intervals and they were 90 blinks all at the same pace?

Could anyone please advise?

Thank you

right i understand most commonly this is down to the electricals on the car such as the dist cap, spark plug wires or plugs etc.

but as this happened when i was driving (and vtecing before)....would i be correct to say that i've broken something bigger and more expensive to fix?

Just managed to find it under the glovebox BUT..

The CEL light doest come on when i do it the jumper method. It only stays on as a solid light this way

I've driven the car around the block to get the cel to come on again and tried to count it this way but it keeps blinking for what seems to be for ever.

it blinked 90 times without any intervals and they were 90 blinks all at the same pace?

Could anyone please advise?

Thank you

Thats whats been happening with my eg for weeks now and cannot find any info anywhere, the most annoying thing is im not sure whats causing it

If you have a misfire yeah it could be dizzy, bad ht leads, worn spark plugs etc.. google common misfire causes, might help

I dont think you will have damaged anything if it is a misfire, just needs sorting out

Back