B16a2 Engine "chokes" at 2,000 - 3,000rpm :(

Jerrinu

Vtec Freshman
Hey guys,

Well got this Civic Vti 1997 from the UK in July and ever since I start up the engine when I accelerate it starts to get stuck between 2,000 rpm and 3,000rpm.

The engine check light comes on randomly when I'll be in 4th or 5th gear while going uphill. Could they be linked together?

Could it be linked to ECU failure since thats what the mechanic suggested?

Also is it possible to check the Engine Check light for errors with a metal pin on the service adaptor thing near the ecu, when the Engine Check light isn't on?

Help me out a bit guys, :please:
Thanks a lot,
Jerry.

Do the ECU light check anyway, even if it's not on. IIRC the ECU "saves" the errors an they are only erased when you take electricity of for a few minutes (as in disconnect ECU and/or battery). Not 100% sure about this though.

CEL code is always first place to start with :)

Do the ECU light check anyway, even if it's not on. IIRC the ECU "saves" the errors an they are only erased when you take electricity of for a few minutes (as in disconnect ECU and/or battery). Not 100% sure about this though.

CEL code is always first place to start with :)

Thanks JT .... I'll check it out tonight or tomorrow morning and I'll let you know ;) .... Fingers crossed!!

Hey guys ..... I checked the ECU and it gave up Code 10 and Code 17

Which im pretty sure are
VSS - speed sensor
and
Intake Air Temperature Sensor.

Does anyone know where I can get these? or if anyone has these spare for me to buy them off them?
Thanks a lot guys,
Jerry.

Maybe on Ebay.com? Or ebay,de, gotten a lot of parts of there.

Thanks JT.
Phoned Honda Malta and they told me they are 50 euros each shipping in 3 weeks =/

Gonna try find maybe cheaper but at least I have a back up plan if I don't find any :)

Thanks again,
Jerry.

Back