EK9 Civic Type R - Race Base

rvm

admin
Staff member
Car(s)
EK9/Civic
This car was released i think in 1998. The car has no a/c, power windows, power steering.

It doesnt have the civic type r emblem near the radio. Some of them had the Civic type r logo at the back / right and left sides. The only part that has the civic type r logo is a the gauge cluster :eek:

The interior its just like a simple EK4, since the idea was to throw away all the interior, put a roll cage, and a bucket seat. :cool:

Engine is the same, b16b 185 hp.

They are very rare.

If someone can give more information about this car, it will be awesome. :D

Pictures of one:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• $9623_large.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 5,757
  • $9626_large.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 5,361
  • $151860_19_large.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 5,394
  • $151860_31_large.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 5,209
  • $151860_32_large.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 5,106
  • $151860_R_Large.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 5,612
  • $151860_I_Large.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 8,271
  • $151860_F_Large.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 5,725
They are unique, and very expensive.

They are just for track use!

Nice thread mate :eek:

I also find out that they dont have any sound isolation material installed :)

P/S isnt really that bad. I went without it when my belt broke...its really not bad at all driving around without it..

Very interesting Like above anymore info would be great :cool:Just a quick q RVM Where did you find the above out Good find mate

ScottEk9 said:
Very interesting Like above anymore info would be great :cool:Just a quick q RVM Where did you find the above out Good find mate

I was going to buy this car, i won it in a japan auction, but i decided to return it, thats why i have this big pictures :D

Its so empty inside..yet it has cup holders lol, i guess for those long commutes around the test rack.

They were brought out for people interested in track days and had light weight window regulators and a few nice little bits and pieces done to the engine. I know where there's 1 here in ireland for sale and with a mugen airbox and exhaust system it is proven to have 202bhp on the B16 block ;)

they were the cheap option!, every ek9 was stock, seats extra, power windows etc, most went for options, i know they are lighter but are actually a cheaper ek9! alot sold over here in ireland were claimed to be rare light weight model but really just a lower spec (option) ek9, some came with recaro interior but no electric windows, you could mix match options. sorry if you paid more for it but it is juts an ek9 , less spec id personally rather the full spec esp sonce there cheaper and sell parts ha ha,

my two cents

more pictures of the ek9 civic type r race base! :nice:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

:D

Attachments

• $motorsportcivic.jpg
    $motorsportcivic.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 5,760
  • $motorsportcivic2.jpg
    $motorsportcivic2.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 4,824
  • $motorsportcivic3.jpg
    $motorsportcivic3.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 3,012
so weird lol if i saw this somewhere before seein this post i wouldnt think it was a real EK9 at all

elmo said:
They were brought out for people interested in track days and had light weight window regulators and a few nice little bits and pieces done to the engine. I know where there's 1 here in ireland for sale and with a mugen airbox and exhaust system it is proven to have 202bhp on the B16 block ;)

I really doubt that there is much difference in weight between electric windows and mirrors cars. I picked up both doors and could not noticable tell that the electric door was any heavier than the manual door one. I would have weighed them had a had something suitable

those versions are 1040-1050kg the full versions of ek9 are 1090kg,those race ek9s where cheaper than the EK4s in japan.

if you want to buy one my opinion get the normal version and remove anything you dont want,those cars where only for track,their engine is the same like the normal ek9.

something similar honda-jdm sells with DC5 and EP3

Back