What happens when you drop a valve on the Norschliefe

Such a shame,

At least it died in style doing what it was made for, rather than just on the way to work or something

That's really bad mate such a shame with such a very potential 9

I was upset when my rod departed through the block...but at least I got a head out of the engine. :-(

Always a shame, but as said, at least is was a spartan's death!

Poor car! It died in good spirit though, My dads dropped a valve too, looks very similar damage wise. Happened pulling out of a petrol station a few months ago, 5 days before the ring.

let's hope mine isn't added to this thread when I pull the head off this weekend.
Also died at the ring, at around 110mph in fifth smoke everywhere!

let's hope mine isn't added to this thread when I pull the head off this weekend.
Also died at the ring, at around 110mph in fifth smoke everywhere!

I always thought yours was ticking lasted well in my opinion such a shame it happened on ring not here all the best of luck getting it back & sorted what's next forged lump?

Yeah, was always a strong engine but I suppose I was asking abit too much to use it as a turbocharged track engine.
Lasted just over 1k miles boosted with 45mins at Bedford autodrome and 4laps of the ring.
Both on low boost 0.4 bar. Will see what actually killed it on the weekend.

Forged pistons are on the cards if the block is ok. I'm not looking for anymore power either. This car is wayyyy too good on track to go back to N/A! If I'm honest I doubt I'll have another N/A honda again, unless k20 dc2....

Why do you say that?
I have 3 friends with K20 engine builds which have Skunk2 valves in them. 2 of which dropped a valve and one snapped the stem but miraculously retained in the head.

All run OEM Honda valves now with no issue

There's a lot of b series going pop at the mo ? I did the same as Ian's . But my valve spring broke .

Mines a turbocharged b16b, but I haven't actually found the issue yet, just lots of smoke and oil into cyl 3. Plugs show no signs of Det and I'm 95% it hasn't dropped a valve or anything as it doesn't make any strange noises

It took me 4 laps to murder my healthy B16B.

My (1989!!) b16a1 has taken death now for 2 rounds with no issue at all, and i'm 99% sure its making the same power more or less. (heavy skim, gasflow + b16b cams).

I'm even running the b16b ecu.

Back