B18 turbo clutch recommendations

HUM22A

Just wondering what clutches other people are running in their turbo b series? Have read up on past topics on both ek9.org and other forums but seems most clutches have mixed reviews.

Was planning on going for a CC Stage 4 with sprung disc. Not bothered by a slightly stiffer clutch pedal to stock as car will only be used as a second car but would like it to take a fair amount of abuse from quarter mile launches etc. Car will be around 300 BHP mark. Would be good to hear from others with same clutch and also what clutches others are running.

Im using a CC stage 4 or 5 on my turbo b16, has never slipped and it gets a serious amount of abuse.

How many miles have you done and what power level? What's the clutch like in traffic etc? Will most likely go with competition clutcht to be fair.

I use a Competition Stage 2 Sprung Clutch - its fine even with 370 Bhp and feels like a OEM clutch in terms of weight and drivability.

If i was buying another clutch i'd probably go with the Stage 4 Sprung just for longevity - sadly they dont make a Stage 3 - else id go for that.

How many miles have you done and what power level? What's the clutch like in traffic etc? Will most likely go with competition clutcht to be fair.

Not many as it is a sprint/hill car with the odd 1/4 thrown in.
Running 200 lb/ft at the wheels.
My old helix 4 puck clutch lasted 5 years and it never slipped once either, was abit of a pig on the road. Only changed it as it looked abit worn out when I last had the box off.

Cc stage 2 Kevlar in mine.
Light pedal(abit too light for me) has never slipped. 175ftlbs 280hp.

Seems a lot of people on here are running cc clutches without any problems. I'll be going with the stage 4 cc clutch now as originally planned. Thanks for the input guys.

Mfactory 6 puck here. Not ran with the turbo yet, bedded it in when I was n/a. Great feet, more aggressive than standard but manageable. About 40% heavier than oem but not at all tiring, nice bite with a shorter travel.

Back