Alex's ek9

5alldaway

ek9 owner
hi folks i purchased this ek9 locally from a member on here known as stokes on 23/4/2013, its my first ek9 and my plans are to keep it as original as possible with a few minor mods, ever since the original release of gran turismo on the playstation i have had an itch for one of these, my car history has mainly been french hot hatches but i have dabbled with some japanese machinery in a pulsar gtir, dc2 and s2000, but the ek9 remained my favourite looking type r of them all, so here it is

so far modifications on the car-

facelifted front end
aftermarket exhaust
aftermarket exhaust manifold, heat wrapped
decat

plans-

i will be soon collecting pre facelift parts to put the front end back to 97 spec
maybe an induction kit

and thats about it really, i personally believe honda got the car right in the first place, so i personally think they dont need much doing to them, so this thread isnt likely to send any pulses racing!

picked up some bits today from tegiwa which will be going onto the car in the next week or so

genuine water pump
genuine cambelt kit
hamp oil filter
anti freeze
facelift front splitter

ordered myself a replacement drivers side front shock, ferodo ds2500 front pads, and a blank key for cutting

Last edited:
car looks clean mate but looks kind of odd since there no front lip on. not many ek9s about that havent seen coilovers either. health to enjoy :D

Very clean example

You'll say you'll try to keep it standard but its impossible :p

car looks clean mate but looks kind of odd since there no front lip on. not many ek9s about that havent seen coilovers either. health to enjoy :D

front lip will be on in the next couple of weeks

not really a fan of coilovers tbh, the car drives and rides exceptionally well, so why ruin it lol!

Very clean example

You'll say you'll try to keep it standard but its impossible :p

should be fairly easy to resist! im 30 years old in june and my modding days are well and truly behind me lol!

ive had a few teething issues in the past week but hopefully its cleared up after ive had a few bits changed on it

this week the following jobs have been completed-

genuine cambelt and tensioner changed
genuine water pump fitted
ngk spark plugs
nice orange motul anti freeze
ferodo racing ds2500 front brake pads fitted
a different distributer
new denso oxygen sensor
new fuel filter

jobs for next week-

rear drivers arch rust sorted out
new front splitter painted and fitted
source a new rear caliper
replace the leaking front shock
oil change

Last edited:
Nice one mate, gonna look sweet once the lip and that's on :nice:

just some small progress really

the nearside front wing was missing a lip so the front bumper couldnt be bolted properly to the wing, so ive invested in a brand new wing to be painted by a friend of mine, he also is hard at work painting the new front splitter and sorting out some light rust on the nearside rear arch

will be all fitted up by the weekend with some luck, give it a wash and take some snaps!

really getting close to finishing the ek9 now, the front bumper on the car has seen better days with a few spider cracks and stone chips galore, so I decided to invest in a new front facelift bumper sourced and sprayed by a very good friend of mine

car is booked in on monday to have the front wing, bumper, splitter, and shock absorber to be fitted, after this its just gonna be a case of maintaining the car to a good standard, its running sweet and the cosmetic side of things is pretty much where I want them to be

I know this car isnt going to appeal to alot of people due to not having spoon this and mugen that, but im a mature owner of 29 years old who has been there and done the whole modifying thing and these days id rather just enjoy the car as honda intended

well its sort of where i want it now, taking the car off the road for a good 6 months so i can sort the rest of the bits that annoy me

Last edited:
looks good,only problem is the lip isn't genuine. It's quite different from oem.
Nice progress.

yeah the bumper isnt oem either but im on the lookout for a genuine bumper and splitter, but this will do for the time being

the car is off the road now and im using my toyota aygo which is saving me a fortune on running costs which means more money for more bits

Class looking example and well done gettin it all sorted! ;) i am 29 yrs old too but cnt stop moddin! Lol i just spent £1800 on my gearbox for my 9! Lol

Class looking example and well done gettin it all sorted! ;) i am 29 yrs old too but cnt stop moddin! Lol i just spent £1800 on my gearbox for my 9! Lol

cheers pal, lol £1800 is alot of money to spend on a gearbox, you must be single or have a very understanding missis!

just done some bits recently to it

bought a new carbon fibre power chamber kit from tegiwa

and a new carbon bonnet also from tegiwa

so to sum it up, here is what ive had done since buying the car

new spark plugs
new distributer
genuine honda cambelt kit
genuine honda water pump
new oxygen sensor
new wiperblades
new passenger front wing
new front bumper and splitter(not happy with it tho, but I bought a genuine bumper and splitter for future)
tegiwa power chamber induction kit
tegiwa/siebon carbon bonnet
replacement front damper as the original one was leaking

next

carbon rear spoiler
jazz windscreen washer jets
some track time!

been a while since i last updated anything, but in that time my car has had a few changes since

miester zeta-r coilovers
replaced the facelift front end with a prefacelift

the engine has developed an issue of a bit of blue smoke on the over run so today i purchased a replacement engine from member jay k which has about 2000 miles done on the engine which was originally build by SW Motorsports, the engine was also rebuilt using ACL race bearings, new honda headgasket, cambelt and bearings

here is a vid of the engine on track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTMjIS8WL04&feature=youtu.be

i am booked in for the track at japfest 2 so i will be enjoying myself around there and maybe a few other tracks before the year is out before i think about having the replacement engine fitted and having some paint thrown on her

car hasnt been washed in months!

so all in all the car is feeling good, and after a drive in saint matts stripped ek9 i have decided im going to strip mine aswell for track only use

good work

im still torn between converting to facelift or not

just cant seem to make up my mind

Small world. Jay bought my b18, that you was interested in when I was breaking. Now you buying the one he replaced it with lol
Also looks much better prefacelift lol

Last edited:
Back