Warning..!

pallett

went to TEGIWA imports today with a few friends and was talking to the guy there and he told me about an ek9 that he bought last night.
he said that a lad bought it in cause he couldnt afford to run it! and found out where B16B is usually stamped it was stamped AUTOBACS over the top ???

AUTOBACS is an importing place where the lad bought the car from, they later went on to say they found it was a B16A and had no LSD

but to look at the car it looks exactly like an EK9

number plate ended UKV was it anyones on here?

THE BLOKE WHO SOLD THIS CAR IS BLATENTLY A C**T!!!!!

so dont get buying from there!

Bit fishy sticking something over the engine code eh..

i bought a b16a1 stamped up as b16b in the past lost quite a bit money and got a engine thats of no use to me

i was there with him,
its autobacs thats the problem as they stamped completely over the top of the B16A stamp and ripped the lad off

i feel sorry for the lad who bought it!

bet hes well pissed off

Iv seen this done before where thay have ground the a2 off and hand stamped a B in its place, apart from it beeing wonkey it would of looked prity convinsing, bastards.

That was you then, sorry i was the tall guy that was taking photo's

Yeah its unkown really what the situation is, im still yet to even drive it, all i know is that there is something fishy, and we will find out what soon enough

where its meant to say b16b it says 'autobacs'

BTW there is nothing fishy about us!! :shocked:

The car will be forsale over the next few days, and i will go and run it against a real ek9/dc2 to see if its lacking pace

But yeh, the guy who we bought it off got stung real bad, he paid £6000 for it back in June!

Johnny

Is the B16b stamped in the same place as the b18? Not sure where it is stamped and only seen the b18 stamped on a teg's block.

F*** mate! sorry 2 hear that hope you can sell it on and make your money back!

IntermaN - It should be stamped down on the gearbox side on the block, a couple of inches down from the head.

I'v delt with tegiwa at the start of the year, they are a good bunch of lads and i would recommend them 2 any body!

thats shocking. but on the upside good excuse to slap a b18 in there

Last edited:
That sucks, bloody tosspots.

Should be stamped here:

yasushi_shimo-img600x399-1232857240.jpg

it's a pitty.. I thought these things happen to countries like Greece only hehe
So what's the money difference between the 2? ek4 vs ek9?

it's a pitty.. I thought these things happen to countries like Greece only hehe
So what's the money difference between the 2? ek4 vs ek9?

4k at least. for a minter maybe more.

This is shocking though :nono: thankfully there are some repitable import dealers out there :)

wow! This means that you can find ek4s with 2-3000pounds? In Greece this is a typical price for a civic eg3 dx :(

Livvy: i'll get a photo, its pretty funny

The car is actually an ek9, its just what parts of the engine are i am yet to suss out
The inlet/tb/ecu is EK9 for sure, but i 'think' head/bottomend/gearbox may not be

Back