"Suspension Setups"??

D'janiero

Hey peeps. What suspension set ups have you guys used/got on your ek9's?
What setups have you found that work, and which ones have you found don't work so well?
Many people swear by the stock suspension on the ek9's while others uprate to different springs and shocks or even as far as coilovers etc.

My car will be a daily driver, with say 1-2 track and 1/4 mile days a year.

Thanks in advance:nice:

i think stock ek9 should be good enough for you, unless you want to lower the car more, i see no reason for you to upgrade, remember the ek9 was designed for a guy who could drive the car everyday, and also track the car just by changing brake pads. just get an extra set of sticky tires for the track, that will make a HUGE difference.

40-50 mm....id say spend as much as you can on a good set of coilovers as you get a better mix of lowering and still some comfort unlike cheap kits. i had JIC FLT2s on my eg6 and even on its arse the ride was bearable for such a big drop.

im assuming comfort and thouse pain in the arse speedhumps are not a worry.

Would these springs be ok to use with the stock shocks dude? Also, will they give an equal drop front and rear i.e. Ive had lowering springs in the past that dropped the front of the car more than the rear and vice versa

Spoon progressive spring to be used with stock suspension... however u will only get a 20mm drop! tho front & back... :nice:

so this would be a nice choice IF u tend to keep ur stock dampers.

TEIN usually has an even drop. but you cant ever be sure, thats why i prefer coilovers. i think you'd be better off with a set of groundcontrol's

How much are ground control's and what spring rates do they come with?

my rx currently has tein flex coilovers,cusco f+r struts,cusco lower tie bar and j's racing c pillar bar(ordered),am so happy with how it handles going fast in bends(where i live its all backroads and bends),will be adding a six point cage too

ps.soz for not u2u you back mate,about the turbo-

http://www.ek9.org/forum/engine/1843-getting-most-my-ek9-n-non-turbo-now.html

it aint happening now so its all n/a tuning(will be nice experience compared to usual turbos ive had)
ill keep it n/a and just buy a s15 R for for weekends:nice:

I had a look at the ground control site and I'm a lil confused. Roughly 300 usd is just the springs right? Not the full suspension kit, i.e. shocks and springs?

300 is for springs and the coilover sleeves for your specific shock type. you will need adjustable shocks like koni yellows to really take advantage of this set up.

i run a biltein coilovers on my ek9 works realy well but tends to get under steers otherwise there great

I really like my Spoon fix damper and progressive spring :woot:

but its not something to change if you got stock damper i guess.

so I reckon go for springs for now and see how you get on. I wouldn't go to coilovers if you use it as a daily car.

I went from ek9 damper +spoon progressive spring set up and changed to tanabe pro ss coilovers and i use my ek9 every day (uk) and its fine a very nice ride ,there not as harsh as say tein's

In terms of harshness, what Teins are you comparing them too? Ive heard the Tanabe pro ss give a nice ride as you said, but someone also suggested Tein super street.

The Tanabe Pro SS i would say is the best mod i have put on my 9 so far. Really nice ride...

I was comparing the tanabe pro ss to the tein super streets mate ,the tanabes are better for an every day driving, hands down

Back