B16 help !!!!!! EJ9 1997 prefacelift 282mm brake conversion

tomthompson

Right to start off i have looked for the answers i need but can't find the exact answer I'm looking for so i need your help.

I have a Ej9 1997 prefacelift civic and i am doing the B20 Vtec conversion i just need help on a few things

I recently bought a ek4 vti-S 1998 model and have stripped the rotten shell but I'm not sure on what loom and ecu i need to use to be able to the run the engine in the ej9. I'm currently on the look out for the B20 engine so i can use the bottom end. I've found out what i need to do as far as thats concerned but I've heard people say i need the complete ignition barrel and black box(immobiliser) off the ek4 to run the B16/B20 as the ej9 one won't work but then I'm unsure if the rest of the engine loom of the ek4 is ok to use and plug and play into what ECU also do i need anything else off the ek4 before i scrape the shell wiring wise.

Also I'm doing the DC2 282mm brake conversion I've bought the callipers and test fitted. from what I've found out the wheel I'm running fit great over the brakes just need slightly spacing but on the discs does anyone know if the disc needs spacing so it doesn't catch the carrier please help as I'm need direct info cheers:angry2::angry2::angry2:

Also I'm doing the DC2 282mm brake conversion I've bought the callipers and test fitted. from what I've found out the wheel I'm running fit great over the brakes just need slightly spacing but on the discs does anyone know if the disc needs spacing so it doesn't catch the carrier please help as I'm need direct info cheers:angry2::angry2::angry2:

This isnt really that clear as to what you mean. What is catching? the wheel on the brakes? If so yes you need wheel spacers and potentially extended studs depending on the size of your spacers.

If you mean the brake disk is catching the brake carrier, I dont understand how that would happen if you are using the correct disks and the wheel choice is irrelevant here.

I recently bought a ek4 vti-S 1998 model and have stripped the rotten shell but I'm not sure on what loom and ecu i need to use to be able to the run the engine in the ej9. I'm currently on the look out for the B20 engine so i can use the bottom end. I've found out what i need to do as far as thats concerned but I've heard people say i need the complete ignition barrel and black box(immobiliser) off the ek4 to run the B16/B20 as the ej9 one won't work but then I'm unsure if the rest of the engine loom of the ek4 is ok to use and plug and play into what ECU also do i need anything else off the ek4 before i scrape the shell wiring wise.

You need an OBD2A loom which is what comes in your EK4, and then (assuming your mapping the car) you need a P30 OBD1 ecu. To connect the two of these you need an OBD2A to OBD1 conversion harness.

With regards to the ignition barrel, while Im not 100% on this, you only need to swap all that crap over if you use the ECU out the EK4 and it is immobilised. Someone else should have more accurate info on this though.

if your going to use a mapable Ecu, being the P30 OR P28 then a highly doubt you will need to change the ignition barrel as 689r said

It's all sorted regarding brakes I've had a proper look at it cheers and cheers for the help on the engine side of it

Back