EJ9 - EK9 rear lights

2Slow2Sensible

Proud EJ9 Owner
Donator
Can someone post up the exact rear lights on a pre-facelift + facelift EK9 along with a facelift EJ9 rear tail light set up?

I'm getting a bit suspicious of my rear lights not being genuine......

facelift
14155668511_c8cb4e0de6_z.jpg

prefacelift
13972343989_eb2906d3d7_z.jpg

im sure ek9 are ej/ek rear lights are the same, its the front thats different with the smoked look. anyway heres a facelift ej9

CIMG0760.jpg

Last edited:
Ahh right I thought they were different. Thought I had EK lights on it somehow :lol:

Cheers pal :nice:

Ctr Rears have 2 sidelights per lamp (top & bottom) and have no rear fog light. thats the only difference

Ctr Rears have 2 sidelights per lamp (top & bottom) and have no rear fog light. thats the only difference

Sorry for bumping an old thread.

My EJ9's rear lights had holes on the lower half. The interior loom even had the fittings, but no bulbs. Fitted some bulbs and I had top and bottom lights, just like a Type R.

So I'm thinking its not a Type R exclusive thing?

The car was also standard apart from the VTI blades.

Sorry for bumping an old thread.

My EJ9's rear lights had holes on the lower half. The interior loom even had the fittings, but no bulbs. Fitted some bulbs and I had top and bottom lights, just like a Type R.

So I'm thinking its not a Type R exclusive thing?

The car was also standard apart from the VTI blades.

Standard civic lights have a hole cut in the right hand side (this is for the rear fog) but on the left you will find a space where the hole should be, but its covered with plastic, needs to be drilled out to emulate ek9 rear lights.

Standard civic lights have a hole cut in the right hand side (this is for the rear fog) but on the left you will find a space where the hole should be, but its covered with plastic, needs to be drilled out to emulate ek9 rear lights.

I had holes on both sides. Turned on the lights and it lit up perfectly.

Back