Hood release fix

70stunt

So got my Ej8 with the release lever broken, a common problem for these cars. Well i looked into fixing it. Some people replaced the whole cable, added a knob from the car parts store or went out and got that fancy one( cant think of the company). I decided to build my own. Its a rough prototype right now. The finished design wont have the ugly bolt and the red piece will be powder coated wrinkle red.

securedownload.jpg

What i went off of
29382034016_large.jpg

Were you talking about this?

epic_hood1.jpg

This is Epic Tuning's Hood Release Handle. It cost $30, and can be found here:
Hood Release Handle

I am very interested in this tread because my Hood Release Handle is broken too. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Yup thats the one.

Part has already been rivised. Will have updated pictures soon. Possibly thinking about selling some of them.

bringing this back

My hood release just broke and on a quick search, this popped up. I thought this was pretty slick. What sort of sorcery are you using to attach to the post/shaft bit? Are you using a set screw or does it thread onto the shaft?

I'm looking for ideas and how this was put together, where to look for parts etc. Did this d'ring thing come together or was it bought separately and modified to fit together in order to attach. Love to know how this has held up?

cheers

Back