Honda Civic Type R EK9 Turbo vrs. Nissan Skylines

rvm

admin
Staff member
Car(s)
EK9/Civic
This is my second time seeing a honda turbo on track, i have no words to say, its an amazing video.

I dont know if it has the b16b engine + turbo, but the car runs SUPERB. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

A lot of people are commenting that this car doesnt have any turbo, but they are all wrong; i found a photo of the car:

attachment.php

To bad it's not a big picture, but i found the site of this car, i translated it with google and it says EK9 TURBO at the top of the page, check the site if you want. Big Intercooler huh? hehehe

www.sideway.jp/race.html

Link

[youtube]OTl8ySlr4Qw[/youtube]

This video is a most have! :eek:

Attachments

• $civic1_s.jpg
    $civic1_s.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 16,248
That civic sound pure rawness:D Nice vid!! Nothing like a b16 rpm needle sitting in the red lol :cool:

i dun think its a B16B+ Turbo but the sounds pretty unclear so i can't b sure, i think its a B16B+Direct Air Intake settings, mean it has 4 intake manifold which directly sucks air in and send them into the valves individually, so there's no filter blocking the way, making the accel rate of the engine 3 times the normal rate, although this is common in Turbo, it doesn't cause turbo lag and it wears out the engine faster than turbos. Plus since EK9 are generally smaller in sizes with Skylines, they tend to have shorter break point and faster accel-of-A'pex than Skylines, however being on the tail of Skyline on straight line is mostly uncommon and unbelievable for a 1.6 .... Who says small displacement are for kids, huh?
You guys remember how easy a 2.0 Evo VIII catching up with a Lambo on track?

in my opinion it's a b16b stroked to 1.8 + turbo, you can see the boost gauge, and how the rev's go up extremely fast when the turbo + vtec kicks in, i might be wrong, what do you guys think?

where did this video come from? does anyone have any exact specs on this car? i saw this on youtube and i was just in complete shock! this was also the video on youtube where i found the link to ek9.org

rhdek9 said:
where did this video come from? does anyone have any exact specs on this car? i saw this on youtube and i was just in complete shock! this was also the video on youtube where i found the link to ek9.org

i'm 90 % sure that this is a track from japan :bow: i'll try to find it's name.

rhdek9 said:

hello there! that video is from the Tanaka International Circuit, Aida, i really don't know what motor setup he's running, but i read somewhere that is a b16b stroked to 1.8 with a turbo kit, but that information its not 100 % sure.

What i said before is that EK9 makes small miracles. Who can believe you saying that an 1.6 L car can hold in a straight with cars having displacement of 2.5 L+ turbo but especially racing cars? You HAVE to see it to believe it

the car is a turbo, i edit the first post check it out.

What i said before is that EK9 makes small miracles. Who can believe you saying that an 1.6 L car can hold in a straight with cars having displacement of 2.5 L+ turbo but especially racing cars? You HAVE to see it to believe it

1.6 l car + turbo :)

at first i considered that it was equipped with the H22. But since you know for fact that it`s turbo....

Back