Replacement intake pipe for B18

Subby

Hi,

im after a replacement intake pipe for the B18C in my mb6, which doesnt have a resonator pipe hole on it.

It has to fit to the standard TB and air box. Will any of the stainless ebay things work?

I think the DC2 one would be ideal, but ive only seen one on ebay in the USA for £50 +

thanks!

nothing good comes cheap, you get what you pay for. Look for a DC2R one + sports air filter, and you'll be happy.

i dont mean the whole air box, im using the standard airbox with an ITG filter.
im talking about rubber induction hose that goes between the throttle body and air box has a plastic resonator pipe on it, which i dont want.

Ive seen people use stainless etc.. but just wondered if anyone had done it before, but not many people have MB6's on here i guess :)

Use intercooler ductwork you can get 78mm stuff which wil be plenty fat enough. You can get them at aload of angles etc.

Hi,

im after a replacement intake pipe for the B18C in my mb6, which doesnt have a resonator pipe hole on it.

It has to fit to the standard TB and air box. Will any of the stainless ebay things work?

I think the DC2 one would be ideal, but ive only seen one on ebay in the USA for £50 +

thanks!

do you mean you want to remove the upper resonator like the pic below with the spoon pipe....or do you mean removing the whole intake pipe to the throttle body like the comptech system does etc.

14022008357.jpg

Okay this is what im talking about (the plastic tube):

03012008008Medium.jpg

I think ill just block it up properly, as i think any airflow restricition after doing so would be negligable.

So you want to block up that tube? That tube doesnt have anything to affect airflow... just noise, but not much and might not be worth the trouble.

Back