Whats wrong?

CSB

Hi guys.
Hope someone can help me with this.
My car is a ek4 converted to ek9.
The problem is that i feel the car is not running as it should be, its feels heavy and a couple of friends that have driven it feel the same (one has a 97 itr dc2, and the other a 1998 gsr with toda B, apexi power fc, mugen header and couple other things.
My actual setup is:
-b16b stroked to 1.8cc by previous owner with itr pistons, LS rods and dont know if it has ls or gsr crankshaft.
-rmf narrow replica header
-Top fuel intake with k&N filter
-spoon cams
-spoon head gasket.(Compresion ratio is supposed to be around 11.5:1)
-Nology wires
-Nippon denso iridium

The car is not smoking or burning oil, using motul semi syntethic at the time, and replaced the rings 4000km ago.

Im using the oem 99-00 ek9 ecu that came with the car.

What can it be? What should i do?
Would a open ecu solve this?

Im posting the dyno results from when i got the car. After this, spoon cams and header installed, but the improvement was small, more on noticable on the high rpms.
dynoallgearsrun.jpg

This is with the B16B ecu. Are this number correct for a stroked b16b?
hp= 166.346 (185.95 hp)
ft*lb = 208.70 (226.18)
Thanks.

This is a pass with a P73-003 ecu, but engine light turned on a,d it seems there was a problem with an electrical pulse, as you can see on the graph, and the light on the instrument panel all where like vibrating.
dynop73003run.png

Get a custom tune or atleast run it on a p73 itr ecu rather than the b16b ecu.

maybe your static cam timing is out and a tooth retarded, this woudl push all your power way up teh rev range and make teh car feel sluggish,, not sure tehre is enough clearance oon a b16b for this to be possible without damaging teh engine, can anyone confirm?

I dont think it would of damaged anythink if its that. Ive knowen them been 2 teeth out on a b16b before with no valve to piston contact. I think its ecu related though.

Are you trying to blow up your engine? You have a stroked engine, upgraded cams, header, and a FACTORY ecu? Your really asking for trouble man...

I would stop driving it hard, stay under 3500rpm, do a compression/leak down check to make sure it hasen't been damaged, if all is well get the car tuned on a dyno with a proper EMS.

Thats what i thought, i just hope this guys been runing his motor on decent fuel.

That cars map is deffinitly gonna need some more fueling!

Hope your motor is ok dude

Back