the best spark plug

abunai888

V-tec Addict!
witch is the ideal spark plug for my engine (b18c)?
oem 11:1 compression,intake,exhaust.
i use ngk iridium but i heard that denso makes better spark plugs.

witch is the ideal spark plug for my engine (b18c)?
oem 11:1 compression,intake,exhaust.
i use ngk iridium but i heard that denso makes better spark plugs.

stick with ngk's man. denso are pure junk

ngk bkr7e v power. spark plugs are like oil, they are not all that different brand to brand, servicing them often is more important than running an expensive brand and using them for longer.

a typical rule is to use one degree colder every 60-70 hps power increase. You''ll come across very different opinions regarding sparks. I've used both. With NGKs i think the engine runs smoother. Consider changing them every 25-30.000km top.

I heard that the ceramic of the ngk's burns and engine looses compression but if you guys are saying that they're good then ok !

I change my NGK's every 5000 km along with the oil and oil filter and feul filter

Last edited:
Who ever told you that is a moron. That doesn't even make any sense, spark plugs have ZERO effect on compression.

In Greece there many car experts tuners who give similar advice :secret::secret::secret::angry2::angry2::angry2: Tuning has became a fashion and poor knowledge and expertise followed unfortunately.

I change my NGK's every 5000 km along with the oil and oil filter and feul filter

Thats great practice, i have a similar maintenance schedule sans the fuel filter, i think thats a bit excessive but its cheap insurance, i just hope those fittings at the bottom of the fuel filter don't wear out!!

In Greece there many car experts tuners who give similar advice :secret::secret::secret::angry2::angry2::angry2: Tuning has became a fashion and poor knowledge and expertise followed unfortunately.

NGK is an outstanding spark plug and OE choice for Honda.

I used to use NGK laser platinum which are the oem specced ones for the car, changed to Laser iridium ones recently which are oem spec for EP3/DC5 and does feel a bit perkier to drive and runs very smooth :)

I use them cheap NGK BKR-7E plugs....

About £2 each from sparkplugs.co.uk

Absolutely great plug. Change every 9k miles & jobs-a-goodun:D

All these Iridium/Platinum plugs claiming better sparks/power are a waste of money cashing in on a posh sounding name...:secret:

Reminds me I best go order a set before booking my remap:nice:

Last edited:
i've also start using BKR7E, going to change it more often, car feels very strong.

I use denso Iridium i think there just as good as the ngk plugs there both to top japenese makes.

I use NGK's in all my cars, when I imported my Pulsar VZR it came with Denso's and ran like ****...put some 6EY's and totally transformed it.

Also run 7EY's on my 11.8:1 SR20DE.

I use NGK's in all my cars, when I imported my Pulsar VZR it came with Denso's and ran like ****...put some 6EY's and totally transformed it.

Also run 7EY's on my 11.8:1 SR20DE.

What denso's though?

a typical rule is to use one degree colder every 60-70 hps power increase. You''ll come across very different opinions regarding sparks. I've used both. With NGKs i think the engine runs smoother. Consider changing them every 25-30.000km top.

the temperature range refers to how much heat the plug can remove from the combustion chamber

lower number plugs remove less heat than higher number plugs, its generally recommended to move up 1 heat range for each major mod to your car: turbo, nitrous, supercharge, high compression all move it up one heat range.

I tried the NGK laser platinum I didn’t feel any different so I went back to the NGK BKR7E $8 works great

Last edited:
i use NGk plugs...and set the gap slightly wider for a better spark and burn :)

Back