Jacking Points?

immy

EJ9 1.4i for now! :D
Just wanted to check what are the safe points to jack the car up from the front so axle stands can be placed under the factory jacking point sills behind the wheels to work safely? This is on a civic EJ9 2000.

Thanks!

thanks for that! placing the axle stands under the lower control arm isnt it going to damage anything ?? Because as far as i know EJ9 doesnt have a front jacking point near the front bumper or am i wrong?

straight form the factory honda manual..:nice:
jackingpoints2.jpg

jackingpoints1.jpg

Integra`s and civics are the same.. :bow:

hope this is helpfull

Attachments

• $jackingpoints1.jpg
    $jackingpoints1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 4,285
  • $jackingpoints2.jpg
    $jackingpoints2.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 27,953
Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for that, but my EJ9 doesnt have a jacking point on the front so how would i be able to place axle stands safely??

Maybe jacking up from the side wheel change sills designed for scissor jack and then placing axle stands on lower control arm? Would that be safe?

If you do what I linked it should be ok, did it on mine and it was fine. You do have a front jacking point see the pictures I have attached.

Attachments

• $1.jpg
    $1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 5,783
  • $2.jpg
    $2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,223
are u serious, thats the front jacking point? lol Its a bit different to my other civic as the other one just has a thin sill on the front just like the sides of my ej9 if you get what i mean...

btw IntermaN thanks for taking the pictures n stuff.... Just good to clarify things before proceeding and regretting it later!

The front point, I only use to lift the car, I don't use it for axle stands. That is the only front reinforced bit I can see on mine and it looks like the picture in my manual so I am sure that is the correct place to jack.

yhh that seems right, and if you jack the front up from the jacking point and then place two axle stands on each side of the car under the scissor jack jacking point sills with a block of wood between, that wouldnt cause damage right, well haynes manual recommends placing the axle stands under the side sills where you would use the factory jack..

Yup, you can do that too, that's what I do sometimes depending on what I am working on.

Not sure if this answers your questions but there are two points on each side of the car indicated by a protruding slot, and then there is a dent in the front radiator support that can be used (right under the ac condensor, make sure you don't jack up the condensor!!) and the rear you can jack up from the tow hook or subframe.

That front nub that OllyEK9 posted is good for lifting the front. The front tow hooks also work depending on what you're doing.

Everyone knows the sides have those protruding welded on plates. The rear of course has the tow hook.

thanks for the advice guys!! Was also told by a mechanic that you can jack up from the front wishbone area/cross member without any damage... I'm not sure if that makes sense..

Last edited:
Back