Anti-Theft!!! killswitch

jpk88

EM1 Coupe
hi all! just been watching a crime programme that was filmed in limerick city, the city i currently go to college in!!!!! It just showed the amount of dicks there are just waiting to rob cars,the real shock was the fact that one of the cars they filmed being burnt out was my friends!!!

So ive decided to get my act together. i want to install a killswitch on my car, thinking on the fuel pump as ive heard its the best place to fit one.

Was hoping someone on here knows the easiest way to fit one, any kits available or just anything i should know??? thanks!

Drive an EM1 vti coupe by the way.

They arent that good , only think of it as a last resort , you want to deter them from actually trying to break into the car e.g decent alarm .

easiest , quickest way is to break the 12v supply to the fuel pump (not at the fuel pump tho) and extend the wires to a preffered place in the car and fit a 2pole switch easy as that.

Thanks for the reply! yeah i agree dettering them is better but i mean if you watched that documentary on primetime, the f**kers made it pretty clear that they dont care about being caught, so id rather make sure it wont move in the first place! i do have alarm stickers and and an immoboliser with red light so that is something.

Do you know how to locate the supply to the fuel pump ?

I heard about that program....

Ive never actually had the joy at probing a honda fuel pump ..
Do you have access to a multimeter or can you use one?

The thing is when they try to steal it and it doesent start there probly going to set it on fire. You need to stop them from trying I think a snap off steering wheel boss would be a great investment

Its on the Rte player, i was told about it by my friends whose eg civic was stolen and burnt out in moyross! i can imagine his disbelief to see it filmed and on Rte!!

That the yoke for reading cable voltages? dont have one or know how to use one sadly! bit of a novice to be honest, luckily i do have a lot of contacts tho!

Its on the Rte player, i was told about it by my friends whose eg civic was stolen and burnt out in moyross! i can imagine his disbelief to see it filmed and on Rte!!

That the yoke for reading cable voltages? dont have one or know how to use one sadly! bit of a novice to be honest, luckily i do have a lot of contacts tho!

Yeah it is , if you dont have any experience leave it to a friend that does.

Everyone says i am mad, but there is no way i am giving my pride and joy away that easy!!! Can only imagine how anyone thats been unfortunate enough to have their pride and joy taking feels....and i will do everything i can to prevent something happening to mine!

Very good guide though, kudos to the creator :nice:

my cars got a dodgey earth and half the time you need to wiggle it under the bonnet before it starts! perfect anti theft device! lol

just fitted a kill switch to mine. deadly job. easy as pie. its double switched now so hopefully it wont move by its self again.....

cheers for the info

Back