Tyre pressure

Tim

2000 EK9 Type-Rx
What PSI do you guys run your stock 15" tyres at?

35 front, 33 rear?

Still experimenting with the EK9, currently running 30F/28R.

28 psi on front and rear

Few opinions! Surely you want less PSI in the front? I'll do some experimenting of my own, they're on 30 all round at the minute.

interesting choice using less at the front.

mine is F-34psi R-32psi

interesting choice using less at the front.

mine is F-34psi R-32psi

Actually after thinking about it... you'd want more grip on the rear wouldn't you, so lower PSI?

I'll leave it at 30F/30R for a few days and see how I get on. I'll try more PSI when the warmer months come around, less grease on the roads.

what does the EK9 manual say with regards to tire pressure? i run 30/30 as well.

i duno about cars but mine have a plate on the drivers side door when you open it and it tells you the tyre pressure of the car and a few other things in japanese, im not exactly sure what the tire pressure is at the moment because i am out of the coutry.

why would you want that? fwd cars like to understeer, by increasing front grip you understeer less.

Well you can control what the fronts do with the steering wheel, you're screwed if the rears aren't gripping properly, especially on a corner at 80mph:p

Well you can control what the fronts do with the steering wheel, you're screwed if the rears aren't gripping properly, especially on a corner at 80mph:p

you can NOT steer with the steeringwheel if the car looses traction up front. trust me, ive been there, its scary :nerv:

the rear sliding out however IS something you can counter steer out of or just mash the gas and it usually straightens out.

Good info thanks Blinx.

30/30 seems to suit me fine for now. May try more PSI when the weather dries up a bit.

took a pic of my EK4's side door... recommended higher PSI on the front! :confused: yet again its not an EK9 but i think it will be the same...

ABCD0001-1.jpg

i decided to reduce understeer fitting 205/50 tyres front only with stock rear... :nice: i currently hve 32 PSI all round.

:bow: anyone know if tyre pressure on 205/50 & 195/55 r the same?

tire pressure is the same, keep in mind when honda puts a sticker on a car for psi its for a NORMAL or AVERAGE driver, not people like us.

All down to your driving style as blinx says, although I have had the car for a fair while Im still testing the handling in different conditions, now I have a Spoon diff its changed again, more psi to the rear seems to suit at the moment.

Back