Championship White UKDM DC2

avidjames

Hey Guys,

Been lurking on this forum for some time but never put up a build thread so thought it's about time I got one made. :)

I've owned this car for 2 and a half years and it stills puts a massive smile on my face. :drive:

I will go through the changes that have happened over the years and also the plans that are currently taking shape!

This is a couple of months after I got the car; it was totally standard apart from a AEM V1 intake.

DSC01291 by AvidJames, on Flickr

IMG_0281 by AvidJames, on Flickr

DSC01308 by AvidJames, on Flickr

Over the years, nothing major changed. I just looked after the car by servicing it regularly.

I also have a slight obsession with keeping it very clean so I do spend a lot of time cleaning it haha

IMG_2299 by AvidJames, on Flickr

IMG_2334 by AvidJames, on Flickr

Then, unfortunately at the start of 2012 an uninsured driver decided he didn't like the UKDM front end and lost control, colliding with me and then hitting a parked bus....

:(

Image8 by AvidJames, on Flickr

The case is still going a year and a bit later but I went ahead and got the car repaired and getting the ball rolling fully restoring and changing bits as I go :)

First 2013 meet up.. by AvidJames, on Flickr

Image1 by AvidJames, on Flickr

Image3 by AvidJames, on Flickr

First 2013 meet up.. by AvidJames, on Flickr

However, I wanted to restore certain parts of the car as it was starting to show it's age at 150k, so the car is currently at TGM getting the following done:

Replace cambelt, tensioner and water pump
Replace all engine mounts
Fit Brembo disks, Fedora 2500 pads and HEL braided lines
Major service including valve clearances
Fit MeisterR Zeta S Coilovers and fast road setup.

That's all up till now, I should have it back tomorrow and can't wait! :D

I also have purchased lots of Honda OEM trim and clips that I need to fit and some woolite to clean my seats properly :)

It'll be going in for bodywork later this year aswell!

Thanks a lot for reading if you managed to last this long, I will keep this updated as I go!

Cheers,

James

Last edited:
Never been too sure on the UKDM, but it is pretty dam sweet man! Wouldn't say no basically!! Hahahah! :)

Thanks for the comments everyone!

I got the car back last week and I am over the moon with it, feels and looks so much better than before :)

I will get some pictures up when I get a chance to take some sometime this week!

James

Hey All,

Thought I would chuck some pictures up of the work I have been doing on the DC2 over the last few weeks.

I have done the following:

- Painted calipers gold
- Undersealed the car
- Cleaned the wheels and machine polished the car
- Refurbed all 3 wiper arms and boot brace, also cleaned front scuttle tray
- Fitted new rocker cover and cleaned engine bay

Next week I am going to take my seats out and clean them fully.

Pics below with all the new bits fitted! :))

Before:

20130408-IMG_6095 by AvidJames, on Flickr

20130408-IMG_6097 by AvidJames, on Flickr

After:

20130408-IMG_6123 by AvidJames, on Flickr

20130408-IMG_6117 by AvidJames, on Flickr

20130408-IMG_6128 by AvidJames, on Flickr

20130408-IMG_6132 by AvidJames, on Flickr

20130408-IMG_6134 by AvidJames, on Flickr

I still have a few new brackets to change in the engine bay but I managed to round off some rusted bolts so will attack that next weekend!

For those who noticed that earth strap not attached in the 'after' pictures, I had forgot to put it back on but it's attached now. :p

I also may go a tad lower, it's currently 25mm all around so I will leave it a while to settle :)

Hopefully should be looking good for South Mimms!

Thanks for looking,

James

Looking good fella, think its defo gonna be a ukdm dc2 for me once the ep3 goes

Looks great and will be even better with the recent work

I had a nice UKDM DC2 for my 1st Type-R when I was 21 and Im now on my 2nd JDM DC2, there is something special about the way they drive and look

Looks great and will be even better with the recent work

I had a nice UKDM DC2 for my 1st Type-R when I was 21 and Im now on my 2nd JDM DC2, there is something special about the way they drive and look

They are indeed very special cars mate, mine always makes me smile and can't see me getting rid of it any time soon! :)

Thanks for the comments guys!

Hopefully going to give my seats a clean today.. weather pending!

Also need to get some new sticky pads for my front number plate as it decided to fall off randomly at work today.. :lol:

Yea this is very nice. Top work on the ocd cleaning haha :)

Thanks for the kind comments guys!

haha I think my neighbours think I am mental how long I spend working on or cleaning it lol

I thought I would chuck an update on here as a few things have changed!

I recently got some used SW98 Sprint alloys from godfridge (Thanks again for that mate!) and some new tyres for the front.

Also, my car goes in to the bodyshop mid August so I have been prepping a second rear bumper I have by replacing with non rusted number plate brackets and pretty much refurbing or replacing every bolt as I go.

I am also on the hunt for a new exhaust, drop me a PM if you are looking to sell a full system! :)

After a little spirited drive today I got some pictures of how it stands!

It's down 25mm at the moment which I may have a play with later but I think it looks good how it is :)

UKDM Honda Integra Type R by AvidJames, on Flickr

Kit used:
600D
17-40 F4 L
Kenko Polarizer

Thanks for reading!

James

A very boring update on this but thought I would post some of the prep I am doing ready for the car's bodywork in 2 weeks time!

All my OEM bits arrived, just awaiting the 3 ITR stickers from Tegiwa and also a few other little bits.

I am in the process of sourcing a Mugen twin loop and 96 spec mani (Need a JDM cat if anyone has one?) so hopefully have that and get it fitted soon!

The new bumper had the common fault of rusted brackets so these got replaced with all new bolts.

Pictures aren't the best but you get the idea!

DC2 Prep by AvidJames, on Flickr

New window decals and rear badge:

Sometime this week I have to strip the rear of the car out ready for the bodyshop, but will post a big update when it's back from the bodyshop :)

Thanks for reading,

James

Back