Best way to clean EK9 recaro seats?

Michael Flare

My Final Heaven
I just bought a pair of authentic EK9 red Recaro seats. Both seats are very dirty. I was wondering what's the best and proper way to clean these seats that will give me good results safely. Thank you.

I just bought a pair of authentic EK9 red Recaro seats. Both seats are very dirty. I was wondering what's the best and proper way to clean these seats that will give me good results safely. Thank you.

i will wait for this update ...watching this thread :)

some sort of foam cleaner to pull the dirt from the seat material and a blow and suck hoover to gather it all up.

i need to do mine aswell.

my friend used a product called "Black woolite", not sure what it is he bought it off of EBAY USA and they look brand new

This is an Irish honda site, tells you what you need and a before and after picture

Be sure not to scrub too hard or you will take the material off. And use a brush which has been worn a good bit.

Thank you so much guys! By the way, I searched up Black Woolite and it looks like I can buy it at my local stores like Walgreens and Walmart! OMG! But hey, I did some more research and there's people saying that you could use a SUEDE shoe cleaner solution, ART ERASER, and a brush. Everywhere over the internet, people are saying a ART GUM ERASER will remove stains, dirt, and smudges from SUEDE properly. I know some of you guys are saying that the EK9 seats are not SUEDE but the fact that suede in general is a very delicate material, it won't hurt to use a suede cleaner [which are meant to be super gentle] on a different fabric like the EK9 seats right? It's like we're playing it safe. Harvey J, can you please tell me exactly what your friend did? It seems like he's doing it the best way? If you guys have more ways to clean the seats, it would help me out a whole lot. Thank you!

IMG_0038.jpg

It's like we're playing it safe.

Haha, I was playing it safe too, here's what I did:
1) got some woolite and a sponge
2) soaked the seats with water and woolite, then scrubbed them GENTLY
3) started up my jet wash and gave them a blast. You should see all the browney water coming out, remember some dirt is deep inside!
4) took a few days for the seats to dry, now they look brand new! (well, except for the wear :D )

i take it the jet was was ok with the seats, been thinking of doing it to my mums fiesta as it is monking

just waiting for my mate to get back to me, i cant phone him as im in afghanistan so just waiting for his email, as soon as i have details i will let you know.

nice find on the seats by the way, the look good, hows the bolsters looking???

Haha, I was playing it safe too, here's what I did:
1) got some woolite and a sponge
2) soaked the seats with water and woolite, then scrubbed them GENTLY
3) started up my jet wash and gave them a blast. You should see all the browney water coming out, remember some dirt is deep inside!
4) took a few days for the seats to dry, now they look brand new! (well, except for the wear :D )

Did you SOAK the seats COMPLETELY? Like, was the seats completely drench in water and woolite?

What I did was dismantal the whole seat so cover off the sponge and washed the bolsters and the back bit by fabric spray in the bath tub and then reassembled it worked better then all off above.

How To: Clean ITR Seats! (jdm yellow goodness inside =) ) - Honda-Tech

Here you go dude, found this very helpful when cleaning seats

OMG! Thank you so much! It seems like EVERYONE is using Woolite! I thought it was just a one person thing but many people are using Woolite! I have Dark Woolite but the tutorial uses the Gentle Cycle Woolite. I don't know which Woolite is better. LOL. This is an amazing tutorial. I can't wait to clean my seats when I get home from school.

OMG! Thank you so much! It seems like EVERYONE is using Woolite! I thought it was just a one person thing but many people are using Woolite! I have Dark Woolite but the tutorial uses the Gentle Cycle Woolite. I don't know which Woolite is better. LOL. This is an amazing tutorial. I can't wait to clean my seats when I get home from school.

x2 that is an awesome guide

No problem mate :nice:

Let us know how you get on

Did you SOAK the seats COMPLETELY? Like, was the seats completely drench in water and woolite?

Well yes, I don't think you have to do it that way, but it worked for me. The seat were properly drenched after I took the jet wash and gave then a good blast!

Woolite :nice:

IMG_6261.jpg

My seats turned out pretty clean! Change the water mixture regularly whilst cleaning or you'll end up with black dirty stains.

Oh and much easier taking the seats out and make sure you do the WHOLE seat even the parts that look clean or it will look half assed.

Back