What discs for EK9

Jokeshopbeard

VTEC Addict!
Does anybody know if the discs for the EK9 are the same as any other Honda? eg are the discs the same as on a EK4 VTi?

Been looking around for replacement discs & not many brands list the EK9 fitment. :(

Anybody had any good experiences with a particular brand of disc? :nice:

Does anybody know if the discs for the EK9 are the same as any other Honda? eg are the discs the same as on a EK4 VTi?

Been looking around for replacement discs & not many brands list the EK9 fitment. :(

Anybody had any good experiences with a particular brand of disc? :nice:

EK9 rotors are the same as DC2 98.
EK4 rotors are not the same fitment..

What do you use the car for? We recommend either Project Mu or AP Dixcel rotors for the EK9.
But without knowing what application its hard to recommend anything! :)

Our website currently down (power outage) but is due backonline at some point this afternoon- there are tons of options for the EK9 listed:nice:

Project Mu= The daddy BUT you may have to sit down before you here the price:D

SPOON discs are good :D Not expensive. I have them on mine with TWIN BLOCK and SPOON pads.

A friend of mine has just got some project Mu disks and pads and there awesome :nice:

Project Mu= The daddy BUT you may have to sit down before you here the price:D

Depends on the application.. Plains aren't that expensive, SCR6's are the way to go for fast road, SCR8 for track and SCR PRo 2 piece for heavy track/race..

Its also worth mentioning the Mu pads lineup is huuuuuuge too.:D

options for discs on 9 is huge, mu, endless, stoptech, mugen, spoon, oem, ap dixcel, ap racing probably does oem replacement and more i cant remember right now

Don't forget EBC disc and pads, I use them on track on hot days (90o F) and they don't fade. And are not expensive.

i have had project mu, top fuel and stoptech, i liked the project mu and stoptech the best

baz ctr, which stoptech discs did you have and what pads did you run with them ?

how did the discs hold up and how long compared to other discs youve had did they last ?

baz ctr, which stoptech discs did you have and what pads did you run with them ?

how did the discs hold up and how long compared to other discs youve had did they last ?

i am running stoptech stopsport rotors with axxis pads (stoptech use these) i got two trackday morning sessions out of the both rotors and pads and i still have them, think they will hold up for another session, i liked them so much i started supplying them:) , i also have a guy testing them on his rally car he has done one day session with them and he is happy enough so far, other lads that do the trackdays have used ebc pads, mintex road pads and oem honda and only last one morning session, Endless pads seem to be the mutts nutts from what i have heard people can't comment enough how good they are, for me ill stick with my stoptech set up on till i need bigger brakes

Don't forget EBC disc and pads, I use them on track on hot days (90o F) and they don't fade. And are not expensive.

I don't think EBC is in the same league as the brands mentioned above.

Don't get me wrong, the black discs are good but pads are poo from what I have heard.

i am running stoptech stopsport rotors with axxis pads (stoptech use these) i got two trackday morning sessions out of the both rotors and pads and i still have them, think they will hold up for another session, i liked them so much i started supplying them:) , i also have a guy testing them on his rally car he has done one day session with them and he is happy enough so far, other lads that do the trackdays have used ebc pads, mintex road pads and oem honda and only last one morning session, Endless pads seem to be the mutts nutts from what i have heard people can't comment enough how good they are, for me ill stick with my stoptech set up on till i need bigger brakes

ive been runnin project mu pads for couple years now and very happy with them, lookin into discs at the moment, very unhappy with ebc i currently have on so won be using again (i need discs which are 282mm x 25mm and 4x100 pcd), due to size i need im very limited on options, ive found mintex do a disc for me so may get them

ive also found stoptech do aero discs in size i need so considerin them but little outta my budget right now, as for stoptech stopsport you use, are they a 1 piece plain disc ? can you shoot me pm with price if they do size above please ?

stoptech stopsport you use, are they a 1 piece plain disc ?

yeah the stoptech are one piece slotted (same as they ones ek9sharkey is now using), i will have to find out if i can get that size for you, if it's any use to you the mg zr180 use a 282mm disc with a 4x100 pcd

I don't think EBC is in the same league as the brands mentioned above.

Don't get me wrong, the black discs are good but pads are poo from what I have heard.

i use ebc yellow stuff on my eg6 sir an find them very good

yeah the stoptech are one piece slotted (same as they ones ek9sharkey is now using), i will have to find out if i can get that size for you, if it's any use to you the mg zr180 use a 282mm disc with a 4x100 pcd

i know, oem mg discs were first set i used, actually very good quality and mg guys seem to find them good on track, im just looking into other options for now

Iceman I'm actually with the same dilema as you, looking for 282mm with 4x100 pcd, my mechanic ordered some powerslot rotors and ferodo ds2500 pads, you can use discs for mg zr160\180 or you can order some powerslot like mine that are made for mini cooper and have the 282mmm and 4x100 pcd that we need......when I receive them I'll give you my feedback, I was considering ebc but my mechanic already used it and didn't recommend.......

Back