radiators

nicole_

Have people found there's any difference in brands or do they all generally do the same?
I know you can buy ebay alu ones, but I imagine this to be similar to SPAL fans - they do the job, but not as good/long-lasting as the real deal...
Any recommendation for the 'best' for cooling (still want half rad, not full size)
:nice:

the standard ek9 rad should be plenty as it is a dual core radiator. As long as you pick a decent brand you should be fine. Although they all seem to have the occasional faulty one. mishimoto, koyo are meant to be good and I think the mishimoto have a lifetime warranty. I have a Blackworks half Rad and haven't had any problems using it apart from the drain bung leaking when I first got it, but that was an easy fix. I know tegiwa do ones but not sure what the core would be like, seen some pics on the web of cheaper rads and the cores look awful!

I should be running a lot more power next year so need to upgrade my cooling system to suit :)
Can't seem to find many places selling Koyo half sized ones in the uk hmm. so you think going with any decent brand is probably a safe bet?

I was looking at the mishimoto X-line triple row core, but not sure if it would be the worth the extra price over others? It's also thicker than I'd like really :(

Sumopower sell the koyo as far as I know. Mishimoto, skunk2 are all made in the same factory as far as I know. I bought a dualcore mishimoto for my last EK and could not fault it. £160 delivered I think it was, keep your eyes peeled for a used fluidyne & koyo aswell :nice:.

Ran a full length koyo on mine,never missed a beat. Had a mishimoto on my ep3 and it was the same I'd go for either or both trusted items and not cheap crappy cores

Koyo half rad on mine. Is triple core I believe? Does the job for me.

Cheers guys. Been looking for a fluidyne for a while but doesn't seem to be a UK stockist. Think the koyo is dual core? mishi X-line is tempting me atm
Emailed sumo-power for a quote on the koyo thanks Kris :)

Does anyone know if theres any difference in early civic radiators? Some seem to sell them for civics 92-00, and other have a seperate one for pre 96 and 96-00?

Cheers guys. Been looking for a fluidyne for a while but doesn't seem to be a UK stockist. Think the koyo is dual core? mishi X-line is tempting me atm

Does anyone know if theres any difference in early civic radiators? Some seem to sell them for civics 92-00, and other have a seperate one for pre 96 and 96-00?

No both are the same

I'm using the Mishimoto Performance half-rad with a stock B18C in my EK4, and it had problems keeping the water temperature down during a sunny trackday. It did cool down real fast when I had a cool-down lap though.

How about HASTE ENGINEERING RADIATORS? Anyone heard of this brand or has used it? Its a three row aluminum rad..

i had a blox one weighed as much as a tissue and worked very well and the fan was way more powerful than oem great piece of kit i have a tegiwa kit ordered now il let you know how that goes once i get it if u havent got sorted by then :nice: theres no rads iv heard bad reviews about tho so id say any of em once there a good fit and a fairly popular brand :p

The trick is to match the radiator and associated components to your needs, in terms of keeping the water temperature within the ideal operating range. Not enough cooling results in overheating, but conversely too much cooling for your application can mean the water temp is too low.

Example, a guy I know had a 50mm half-width radiator in his EK9 race car, along with an aftermarket thermostat, which actually resulted in the car not being able to get up to operational temperature in winter (i.e. no VTEC!). I know of others with big radiators that have had to switch back to factory thermostats too, with the radiator cooling too much otherwise.

I have a Fluidyne 38mm half-width radiator in mine, with a Spoon thermostat. Seems to work well for both the street and track. In summer I also use the Motul MoCool additive in the radiator water to help keep temps down on the track; not in winter though, as it works too well!

It all depends on your application, environment, and budget. :)

Sumopower sell the koyo as far as I know. Mishimoto, skunk2 are all made in the same factory as far as I know. I bought a dualcore mishimoto for my last EK and could not fault it. £160 delivered I think it was, keep your eyes peeled for a used fluidyne & koyo aswell :nice:.

Nope. We are not made in the same factory. :)

Ran a full length koyo on mine,never missed a beat. Had a mishimoto on my ep3 and it was the same I'd go for either or both trusted items and not cheap crappy cores

Mishimoto :nice:
Not too expensive either

:nice::nice::nice:

All the same between 92-00 Civics/93-97 Del Sols. Only differences were B series engines with a larger inlet and outlet when compared to D series.

I'm using the Mishimoto Performance half-rad with a stock B18C in my EK4, and it had problems keeping the water temperature down during a sunny trackday. It did cool down real fast when I had a cool-down lap though.

Anything mounted in front of the radiator? What thermostat is being used? What type of mods are done to the car?

Back