I need HELP! ASAP 99 Si front grill ebp

MV_fit

SF415
I am trying to buy this 1999 honda civic Si oem grill EBP for $120. however, the person said the H emblem is removable. I want the look of the CTR grill he says it looks identical to the CTR if the H emblem is removed. does anyone have a picture of a SI front grill EBP with the H emblem removed so i can see that there is mounting bracket noticeable. Please.. I would really appreciate it if you post some ASAP will be going today to check out the grill if I decide to get it.

bs the seller has no clue. You would see the socket of the H emblem if you remove it. LOL

aw thank you thank you thats the answer I was looking for :dance: yep I don't want that look. Ill just wait till I find a CTR grill.

not sure how the socket is tightened to the mesh. But if you only remove the H Emblem you will look at the socket.
15074418162_773f813c97_s.jpg
[/url]EM1 Grill by rhd4fun, on Flickr[/IMG]

Just found out that the #1 mesh is exactly the same part number from 1999 EM1 and EK9. Im surprised that the only difference is the H emblem and the socket. Would be interesting to know how it will be fixed to the mesh.
14888298798_bcf55fec96_s.jpg
[/url]EK9 Grill by rhd4fun, on Flickr[/IMG]

He says that there is no H socket on the outside of the mesh.. I am so confused lol the only way to know is it if i go and see it in person.

This part is OEM the replica grill don't fit well with the 99 civic only older civics .. 99 civic is a lot pickyer.

oifovo ... I never seen that website ..i bought a replica 99 civic grill from ebay and it did not fit my car.. I have a 99 civic hatch cx... are you sure that replica from that website fits my 99 civic? because I don't want to have that same problem again that it did not fit my car. can you please verify or anyone out there?

The SI grill is identical to the EK9 facelift grill.
The H is basically clamped to the mesh part.
There's a plate that is behind the mesh, three screws and then the front H should just fall off.
With the H off it is an EK9 grill.

No, I can't guarantee it will fit, it's just a link I found by searching for "EK9 grill" on here.... You sure you didn't buy a pre-facelift grill? You'll notice they have two different ones - pre- facelift and facelift. You can always order it and return it if it doesn't fit? 120 dollars for a used grill is mad money lol. If you want a small piece of a genuine EK9 in your car I can sell you my sun visors, a £2 sun strip does a better job anyway :D Those at least have some Japanese stuff written on them :D

I forget to mention the part that I am thinking of getting (the link above) is this really an Oem part? or is it the replica painted? how can you tell if its oem or not?:((

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDgwMA==/z/ZY8AAOSw7NNT42xm/$_20.JPG

a real oem part for 99 civic should have those short long sticks sticking out on the sides for proper fitment? right or no?

The SI grill is identical to the EK9 facelift grill.
The H is basically clamped to the mesh part.
There's a plate that is behind the mesh, three screws and then the front H should just fall off.
With the H off it is an EK9 grill.

I posted a link of the grill i am planning to get can you tell me if its really an oem part and if it will fit my 99 civic

its hard to tell if it is a oem part or not. You have to look at the back side. If you see screws for the painted front garnish it is oem. If not its a 20$ ebay fake because they are a one piece design.
btw the sticks are for 96-98 prefacelift grills. the 99-00 dont have them.

98 spec Type R grill
14889028839_a4122e8991_s.jpg
[/url]EK9 Grill 98 by rhd4fun, on Flickr[/IMG]

its hard to tell if it is a oem part or not. You have to look at the back side. If you see screws for the painted front garnish it is oem. If not its a 20$ ebay fake because they are a one piece design.
btw the sticks are for 96-98 prefacelift grills. the 99-00 dont have them.

98 spec Type R grill
14889028839_a4122e8991_s.jpg
[/url]EK9 Grill 98 by rhd4fun, on Flickr[/IMG]

here a new picture he sent me I don't think this grill will fit my car because it doesn't have the sides sticking out for fitment. what you think

they are the same as 99-00 CTR grills. they just have a removable SI on the grill

Attachments

• $33674980002_large.jpg
    $33674980002_large.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 1,363
Back