D2 coilovers or BC coilovers

scuba steve

Hi there everyone was just wondering what coilover folk would recomend?

Its a ej9 and the car will be used on track very rarely but most of the time as fast road car. And just wondering what people would recomend from past experancies?

Any help welcome.

from a few frineds experiences with Ksport/D2 ,after a while start bleeding ,stay away from them ,for me its the worst suspension its better to have OEM.

the new d2s are great i have them and cant fault them in anyway.A mate has them for a few years now and not a problem but another mate just got the bc coilovers and they seem pretty good to both good coilovers

heard mixed reviews really mate, i was debating between the 2 and in the end went for bc, getting them fitted tomorrow! done alot of reasearch on the 2 and in my opinion the bc have better reviews!

I have D2's no issues great budget coilovers, my brother now has the BC coilovers.... Not much in it but the BC's build quality is far supirior.

If i was buying again it'll be BC hands down.

never seen or know of any one to have had or used BC coilovers. but i have D2 and had them in my motor for 4months now and think they are great and they look good

BC's everytime they are made by the same factory and to the same design as apexi coilovers were, and give a much nicer ride than the D2's.

Ive used D2's in the past and wasnt happy with them tbh, the dampers were way to harsh and over damped and the spring rates way to high.

Try giving Jerrick at MeisterR a call I have a few customers all using MeisterR and all are very happy, the build quality is great for the money.

Heard a few bad things about D2's, out of the choices I would definitly go for the BC's

Our sales on D2's dropped last year because of the leaky issue they had. This has now been fixed according to D2 and I havn't had any returns on them with the new set up.

Having said that BC Br Racing coilovers are selling really good. Sold many sets to members on here and they are all very impressed with them. I can't find any faults in them for the money they are well worth it.

Ive used D2's in the past and wasnt happy with them tbh, the dampers were way to harsh and over damped and the spring rates way to high.

Try giving Jerrick at MeisterR a call I have a few customers all using MeisterR and all are very happy, the build quality is great for the money.

A lot of people really seem to rate the MeisterR Coilovers. I think that will be the route I take with my EK9. When I was building my EF8 a few years ago I had an original set of D2's for it. Unfortunately, I never got a chance to finish the build and try out the suspension but build quality seemed pretty good for a budget level coilover. Cant really comment on the BC's either, but by reading user comments on various forums they seem to get the thumbs up too.

Choices, choices - whatever you choose, please be sure to write up a review to help others out in the future.

For brand new budget coilovers of 2009, Its all about the MeisterR & BC coilovers. Noone buys D2/Ksport anymore, the are so 2002.
Alternatively, the same price can buy you second hand JDM coilovers

A lot of people really seem to rate the MeisterR Coilovers. I think that will be the route I take with my EK9. When I was building my EF8 a few years ago I had an original set of D2's for it. Unfortunately, I never got a chance to finish the build and try out the suspension but build quality seemed pretty good for a budget level coilover. Cant really comment on the BC's either, but by reading user comments on various forums they seem to get the thumbs up too.

Choices, choices - whatever you choose, please be sure to write up a review to help others out in the future.

Hi Mark, Its Daz from DNR, we collected your EF and delivered to London for the new buyer. Got your self a new toy? Hope your well any way chap.

I rate the Meister R very highly for the money and the customer service is 2nd to none.

Daz

Would just like to say thanks for the great feedback from everyone.

After hearing a good few bad reviews in the D2's i think im going to eather stray towards the BC racing or the Meister R coilovers.

Once i have bought a set after fully making my mind up i will post on how they handle.

Many thanks again everyone.

Meister R are the best budget coilovers out therem have also heard good things about BC Racing,

Can't fault Meister R though, have had no problems with them at all, and would vouch for them ;)

the new revised d2 have sorted all the old problems associated with them plus are on par with bc coilovers, the look on the bc's does look abit better but ride quailty is now the same on both:nice:

Last edited:
Back