clicking noise and no drive

The clip is on the end of the shaft where the splines are, you can't see it in the picture you'd have to pull the shaft out to see it. I'd take it out and make sure it's all OK, i.e. clip present and undamaged, splines on the shaft undamaged and splines on the diff undamaged (just shine a torch in once you've removed the drive shaft).
Check out this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jydxpsh13WQ

That happened to mine, only thing I found wrong was the outer joint had gone very stiff, put another shaft on it and it was fine, best remove the shaft to check and see if the circlip is still there !

Just took the shaft out. Everything seems ok. The spline looks fine on the shaft and the diff. Is the cirlip ment to have a bit gone out of it like a quarter of it missing. Is it possible that it could of just popped out and its just a case of putting it back in. Or could something wrong in the gearbox be causing it.
Thanks for the video wouldnt of been able to do it without it

Sorry only just noticed you've replied, still getting used to the new forum :D Yeah, the circlip should look something like this:
BSF308-1-Popup.jpg

Just pop it back, make sure it is seated well and give it a go!

Oifovo appreciate the help. You reckon pop it back in and see if it happens again so. Ill try this when im home

Back