vtec not engaging

woodyscivic

Donator
Donator
I just picked up my dc5 this afternoon and drove it home and there is no vtech. You can hear a whining noise like a belt or something but no vtech. The previous owner has done a oil change and suggested that it maybe vtech solenoid sensor what do you guys think?

Is the Engine management light on?

Oil should be fine but will double check. I think the light was on. Previous owner was running it on 95ron petrol I just filled up with v power will this have a affect on it?

You need speedo, oil, upto correct temperature to engage vtec, personally I would've walked away if vtec didn't work

First of all - sorry for nitpicking but it's VTEC not VTECH, it's just doing my head in when I see it on a Honda forum :D
Now - does it have enough oil? Low oil pressure will cause VTEC not to work. It could also be the solenoid, or as above speedo may not be working correctly (VTEC will not engage when stationary) 95RON will not cause this....

VTECH just kicked in yo!

VTech_GrowandGoRideON.jpg

Where's the whining coming from, any ideas?

Did you know it had this problem when buying it?

You think the oil light was on? Damage may have already be done unfortunately.

You think the oil light was on? Damage may have already be done unfortunately.

Think he means management light was on not oil light,

Start by checking for fault codes, you can do this by jumping two pins on the obd plug( can't remember which ones, you will have to google that) or find some one with a obd scanner.

Do this before wasting time guessing at the problem

Back