Anyone running water/methanol injection?

Boosted EK9

Boosted EK9
Hi im looking into buying a water/methanol injection kit for my turbo c4, not got much information about it or whats needed ect.

Ive found aem do a unviersal kit but not sure how its fitted or whats needed and to be expected off it.

I know it cools the inlet charge which helps bhp gains and also allows a few psi more boost safely, but want to know how hard it is to fit and where the tank and lines go and where people have put theres.

Need as much info as possible please.

Thanks simon

Hi im looking into buying a water/methanol injection kit for my turbo c4, not got much information about it or whats needed ect.

Ive found aem do a unviersal kit but not sure how its fitted or whats needed and to be expected off it.

I know it cools the inlet charge which helps bhp gains and also allows a few psi more boost safely, but want to know how hard it is to fit and where the tank and lines go and where people have put theres.

Need as much info as possible please.

Thanks simon

Hi mate, definitely worth investing in on a turbo motor. In my experience the main benefit is lower intake temps, which allows you to run more timing, which lifts torque and means you can make more power more effectively. Added benefit of the octane boost too.

Its easy to fit, just gotta work out where to place the tank if you're using one
(we use the screenwash tank and use screen wash) and make sure the pump is in close proximity to the tank, then wire it in. Place the nozzle before the throttle body and use boost pressure to determine when its activated

Marc.

If your getting a water/meth injection kit I recommend getting one which has a fail safe feature otherwise your leaving yourself open to the possibility of engine damage should the system fail. We use Aquamist kits and they have a internal relay which switches should a fault occur I.e low line pressure detected by the flow sensor, we normally utilise this internal relay to switch maps in Ecu(secondary map setup for just pump fuel, no meth)

With the aquamist kits the recommended location for installing the fogger/jet is a couple of inches from intercooler on the cold side intercooler pipe, we went about a foot away from intercooler.

Back