fuel pressure

ellanosv

Good night dudes, i've got a question, what is the recommended rank or the exact fuel pressure level the ek9 should have? im planning to buy a fuel pressure regulator + gauge, any specific brand recommended?

Addendum: in order not to make another thread, do you know what should be the exact degree of the distributor? mine is at 16 degrees (i expect my basic english to express what i mean).

Thanks in advance

Enrique

you can find a lot of fuel pressure regulator in any brand, what it's important is that you have a meter for it. You can buy any brand really, just be sure to get the fuel pressure gauge meter.

The fuel pressure should be changed if you need more fuel, this means if you have any after market parts installed in the motor.

The stock EK9 fuel pressure is 46 psi. If you're stock, that should be ok, In my case when i added a cold air intake and a comptech race exhaust I move the fuel pressure from 46 psi to 48 psi, I was running a little lean and that fix the problem.

If you have access to a dyno you should get even better results.

good luck.

I only have a short ram intake + air filter and b16a 4-2-1 header, im planning in getting a oil pressure regulator and gauge meter, in the other hand do you know about the distributor degrees?

Thanks in advance

Enrique

I only have a short ram intake + air filter and b16a 4-2-1 header, im planning in getting a oil pressure regulator and gauge meter, in the other hand do you know about the distributor degrees?

Thanks in advance

Enrique

I think you don't need a fuel pressure regulator with only that mods.

Distributor degrees should be 16 :D

AEM makes an excellent FPR, as rvm says your stock fuel pressure should be fine, also if you do purchase a gauge it is very important that it is a liquid filled gauge and its mounted on the fuel rail and NOT on the filter.

stock fuel pressure should be find for the mods you have! i'm running header/cat back exhaust/panel filter and when i've been out for a run and stopped at a junction with the window down you can smell pure petrol coming from the exhaust so they obviously run rich enough :lol:

get your car on a dyno and have the fueling checked to confirm this, then take it from there, no point in buying all the bits if they aint needed :nice:

Back