EG6 vs EK9

dave_f

Donator
Donator
Hi lads, first off i no probably 99% of people on here will say an EK9 but il ask anyways.

Im thinking of selling my EG6 as i would like a ctr, but im unsure of what to do. Has anyone on here had a EG before their ek9? I no that the interior is nicer but performance wise is there THAT much of a difference? Because im paying €1200 on my policy on my sir, so dont fancy it going up past €1800 if i got a ctr.

So what are the pro/con's of a ctr? I dont want to get rid of my car to find that the ctr isnt much better, so any opinions please!

i had a eg with b16b swap an i didnt like the interior an the fact that it had so much rust! so i swapped out the b16b an sold it with the SiR motor an built a ek9 replica an i love it far more then the eg!

would definitely buy a ek9 over eg6

had an EG :)taut it was the best little yoke on the planet until i got an ek9.
i still have loadza nice memories from that EG as it was my 1st car but without suspension and engine mods it cant really compete with a 9.
in my opinion if your looking for a cheaper ride stay with what you got but if you want some track or generally racing fun its time to upgrade mate:nice:

The advantages (as far as I see them) come from the chassis being stiffer, better bracing & sorted suspension and to a certain degree the brakes on the ek9.

However, if you have already taken the trouble to address these issues with the eg you have you may not notice too much of a difference between the two in the handling area.

I had an EG prior to my '9 and much much much prefer them to drive, it's far lighter (couple of hundred kg's?) and agile on the road. if the supply was plentiful and rust wasnt an issue I would opt for the EG as a base any day.

Had an EG5 with B16A. It was fun and a great car. But now I have a DC2, which is comparable to an EK9 in terms of grip and chassis stiffness. And the EG is just no match. The DC2 is a lot better (and it should be, as a real Type R and much more expensive ;) )

I had an EG prior to my '9 and much much much prefer them to drive, it's far lighter (couple of hundred kg's?) and agile on the road. if the supply was plentiful and rust wasnt an issue I would opt for the EG as a base any day.

I highly doubt that. I cannot imagine the EG6 being much, if any, lighter than the 1090kg book figure on the EK9.

It isn't. My EG5 was 975kg with 242mm brakes on the front, no chassis braces, D16. If you add the weight for a B16A, 262mm brakes front/242mm rear and chassis braces, you easily go over 1000kg.

I owned an EG6 SiR2 before my EK9. Acceleration wise I didn't feel as if there was a huge difference. EK9 does edge it but not by much. Handling though is a different story, you feel at one with the 9 as opposed to the 6 which wasn't as well sorted, even with Tein Monoflex coil overs and struts the 6 still never handled as well as my 9 which btw has stock suspension.

Interior is nicer in the 9 mainly coz of the Recaros and funky dials and gear knob etc but I actually prefer the dash in the 6 if it's a later black dash model, 94 onwards I think

It all comes down to personal preference but as an all out attack vehicle the 9s the one, EG6 wont match up unless it's had a fair amount of attention on the setup.

Yeah, I love the way it looks but it's such a shame they're breakfast, lunch and dinner for the rust devil :(

i have had two ek9 (for about a year each) and own a eg6 sir now (own it 4years and counting) for everyday driving the eg6 is far better, the eg6 handling is ok too (needs to be messed with to get close to ek9 handling)but not as good as the ek9 handling wise out of the box and the ek9 will really come into it's own on trackdays over the eg6 for better once kept in the power band, i will be getting another ek9 about this time next year as my little eg6 pet project is coming to an end, i must also state my my eg6 is close to ek9 standard power and is running ek9 internals and head:nice:

Back