Manifold & B pipe fitting advice.

RMJJ

Hello again guys,

an amatuar question for you folk im sure, but I wanted to ask on here as I see this as the most, "mature" forum, an I hopefully wont be slated. :D

I just bought a Spoon 421 and a Spoon b pipe, new, I currently have the N1.

I intend to fit tomorrow, for JAE (I leave Thursday, so will be cool to have on!)

My question is, is there anything in particular I should be prepared for, any common bolts etc I should be aware that are prone to break? I just want to make sure I am fully prepared tomorrow, any bolts I should get spare before I start?

Any advice is appreciated. :)

you should be fine, the odd spring bolts might be a bit rusty. some wd40 and a wire brush of the threads will help them off. if you still have the oem manifold you dont need to separate the top and bottom half to remove it. Those are the only bolts i would be worried about snapping, the ones that attach to the head will be fine. depending on the condition of the donut gaskets you my need to repace those as the old ones may "leak" when fitted to the new system.

Don't know the length of the Spoon B pipe and how far the Manifold collector sits underneath, but just incase be prepared for the Cat/decat you have now not to fit. UK length and JDM length pipes differ by a few inches.

Back