Bent valves b16b

Kromer

Hello everyone! Bent my valves on my b16b motor, and currently looking to upgrade the internals in the head besides the cams, wondering what kind of Valves, springs, and retainers I should go with?? Also do the valves have to be specifically for b16b??

Up to you what brand you choose although probably best to go for same brand valve springs & retainers Brian crower stuff seems good & well priced but all depends on your budget & needs from engine

Go for the skunk2 titanium springs,retainers,valves etc means if you ever decide to build the head the valve train is already upgraded

Thanks everyone for the help.
I'll be sticking to the stock cams but thanks anyway.

If I had to replace them, I would be upgrading with the likes of shunk2. Means it's done if you decide to change cams in the future.

IMO oem valves are very good and i wouldn't change them for anything else.

As for the springs and retainers just go with the same brand as the camshafts.

IMO oem valves are very good and i wouldn't change them for anything else.

As for the springs and retainers just go with the same brand as the camshafts.

Agree with that, I've seen many rally engines fail with broken skunk2 valves in them

If you do decide to stick with OEM valves I have a full set of B16B valves.

I have skunk2 valve train and haven't had any problems with it, although after looking at many reviews and the general quality of their parts I wouldn't buy them again. too much money / effort to risk on parts that have a known high fail rate!

Back