DC2 missing at low rpm.

Kipper

Hi fella's,

I was wondering if anyone here has experienced or solved with similar symptoms to my dads DC2.

Basically the car struggles at low RPM, Light throttle around 2-3k revs it tries to die/'chuggs'/'haggles'. Although when you give it some more throttle it clears itself and is fine up the rev range. We have had some changing/cleaning of the IACV, could this have anything to do with it?

It's almost like it's getting starved of fuel low down but I can't see it, New walbro installed about 1k mile ago along with new fuel filter, symptoms just happened recently.

The car has had replacement engine about 1k miles ago too.

Any help is appreciated.

My EK9 had similar symptoms and one of the ht leads was faulty.

More than likely ignition related, try leads, cap and rotor arm, ignition control modual

Sounds like the coil or spark plug holes filled with water if the engine was washed.
Dunx

Sounds like the coil or spark plug holes filled with water if the engine was washed.
Dunx

Had this when my 2 year old daughter have over zealously washed the top of the engine 'helping' dad clean the car and water had found its way into the plug hole of the near side most cylinder. could be moisture or an HT lead going down maybe.

im having the exact same problem but ive been certain its fuel or clutch slip, it bogs down so bad and then takes off again throwing you back in the seat and looking like a right tit

Il be trying my oem HT leads tomorrow after reading this, failing that then dizzy rotor

Good luck with yours

Had this on my EK9 after I washed the engine bay. Water got into spark plug holes, misfired like a bitch low down and sounded more like a Subaru Impreza lol! Was running on 3 cylinders for some of the time.

Changed plugs & HT leads and got the water out. Problem solved.

Does sound ignition related though even if not caused by water. Start with plugs or HT leads, if not that could be dizzy.

As said before mate, dizzy cap and plug leads. Had the same issue with my first DC2 turned out to be a cracked lead

So, We have tried so far:

New NGK iridiums
New NGK leads (Blue ones)
New rocker gasket with new plug seal '0' rings

Next call of action, any recommendations?

Lambda sensor?
All earth straps?

Might try cap and rotor next.

Thanks
Kris

Last edited:
Yeah try the cap and rotor next mate, I wouldnt use iridium plugs either.

Haven't you got a spare distributor you can try? Likely to be the coil or igniter in the dizzy. Might as well buy new cap and rotor arm as they are cheap.

Tried new cap & rotor...

Any reason why not to use iridium's sim?

Doing my head in this!

With all that you have changed so far it's looking like the distributor may be the issue. You could try a new coil and ignition control module in the dizzy first

Have you blead the water system properly and is the tps and map sensor still working properly

Back