Pistons/Rods

What your ultimate goal with the car?
Street machine?'pure track? Afew trackdays but mainly street?
Then your power goal?

I've just got a set wiseco pistons, not sure to keep my oil squirts or block them off , I've heard people breaking them when bending .

I've just got a set wiseco pistons, not sure to keep my oil squirts or block them off , I've heard people breaking them when bending .

Perhaps warm them up first? Let us know how you get on with them as I'll be buying soon.

Yeah, I have forged rods and pistons in my B16B, with the rods sourced through this same supplier (Speedfactor), although they are via a different manufacturer.

To Rybean, I'd say your thinking is exactly the same as mine was... it's nice to not worry about the rods as being the weakest link. If you're in a position to do it, then go for it.

I've emailed them about postage costs etc

I've emailed them about postage costs etc

Who you messaged ? PM what they say.

And yeah, its just all for peace of mind atm, not chasing figures.

Jesse, the car is for mainly street but abit of track and Santa Pod outings, mainly drag/street. Goal was 300bhp on stock internals and id happily shoot for 400 with rods/pistons pal. I'm in a good position to just do it, may slow the build down even more which at this point doesnt matter, in no serious rush atm just getting withdraw symptoms lol.

Yeah, I have forged rods and pistons in my B16B, with the rods sourced through this same supplier (Speedfactor), although they are via a different manufacturer.

What was the landed price from Speedfactor if you don't mind me asking. PM if you like.

What was the landed price from Speedfactor if you don't mind me asking. PM if you like.
Heh, as with Speedfactor, I'm in New Zealand, so the "landed" cost is just the local pricing. The rods I have were custom-commissioned by Speedfactor from another manufacturer prior to the Molnar relationship, and from memory they cost a bit more. I'd 100% trust Speedfactor with their judgment of who they're using to manufacture, and the resulting pricing of the Molnar rods is actually pretty sweet.

I Messaged them. They want £350 before shipping. Not too bad really.

Got mine from realstreet very help full and cheaper then uk. Plus they put a low value for custom duty . Only take 2day when in stock to come . I will use them again

Got mine from realstreet very help full and cheaper then uk. Plus they put a low value for custom duty . Only take 2day when in stock to come . I will use them again

Did you have to ask them to lower value or did they do it regardless. Yeah they have some really competative prices and I have ordered alot from the states with no issues. They have a large sale on for labour day too :dance:

Did you have to ask them to lower value or did they do it regardless. Yeah they have some really competative prices and I have ordered alot from the states with no issues. They have a large sale on for labour day too :dance:

Worth asking as they'll put whatever value you ask for as long as not free lol you can normally down mark to around 15-20% of the order value & get away with it so massive customs savings to be had

So I orderd $1300 worth of stuff , had to pay up £90
I think they put a low price with out asking anyway

Back