H22a7

Actually I'd go the other way.
Never open an engine unless you have cause to, they will generally be the most reliable this way.

I have to agree with this approach really.

Honda engines are bullet proof until you open them up. After that, it's a 50/50 on whether they'll be good, or blow themselves up.

I wouldn't attempt to do one myself, if I did ever need a full refresh it would need to be a proper job buy a reputable company with a good record for putting them together properly.

Far too many seem to get built by cowboys and end up burning just as much oil, if not more, than they did before.

I understand :)

But (it may sound silly) if I don't get stuck in myself, I'll never learn, and to my mind, I'd be more comfortable taking it apart and doing what needs doing to it rather than leaving it.

Obviously I wouldn't attack it with just some spanners and a hot cuppa haha, as said, I have all the tools I could possibly need :)

I'm more of the opinion that you need not only the tools, but a clean, nay sterile workshop too.

When I had my B16B in bits in the garage I was constantly frustrated with how much **** landed on surfaces that should have been kept completely dust free, there's no way I could reassemble an engine without airborne debris landing on every bloody bearing surface.

In the end, I bought a replacement engine, dropped it straight in and it was cheaper, easier and faultless.

My advice is always buy an engine out of a crashed car. Doing that, you're under no illusions why the engine is for sale. If it's been removed for any other reason, you have to assume it's a lemon.

You want someone that can rebuilt a honda engine? Speak to Pez at race dna

Yeah that's Perrymoo. He's the best if you can afford it!

Back