Civic EK Race car

Kris!

Hi Guys,

Been on the Honda scene for a while and have used my EK for tarmac rallying for the past 18 months, but have since decided a change of use was needed. So just before Xmas the car was taken apart again and new bits added/changed ready for the Nippon Race series to begin in April.

I wont bore you with the full spec, but heres a few pics taken today as it finally gets to see some daylight, even if the weather was crap :(

civicNipponready020.jpg

civicNipponready025.jpg

civicNipponready026.jpg

civicNipponready008.jpg

civicNipponready006.jpg

civicNipponready011.jpg

civicNipponready030.jpg

civicNipponready017.jpg

very nice bet u have some fun with that. clean for a rally car

cool car for the track...its time to bore us tho:D:D

Not huge power i'm afraid but the brief spec is.............................

B16b engine
Adj cam pulleys
Baffled sump
Magnecor leads
Fujitsubo manifold
Buddyclub spec IV with custome de-cat
BMC drop in filter with cold air feed
Fidanza flywheel
Exedy clutch kit
Quiafe LSD
4.785 FD
Short shifter
Wilwood dynalite 4 pots
Hawk Blue 9012 pads
Braided/copper lines throuhgout (inside car)
In-Car Brake Bias valve
Tein Type-r RE Super racing coilovers
Whiteline 27mm front ARB
Whiteline 22mm rear ARB with H/D mount kit/bracing and polybushed droplinks
Skunk 2 front camber arms
Omni power rear camber arms
Megan rear LCA's
DC sports front and rear strut braces
Lightweight shell (No ABS, Power steering, sunroof, Hollow doors, full 5 piece perspex window kit) etc etc
Lightweight Odyssey race battery located in passenger floor pan
N1 Crank pulley
Koyo ally Rad
Samco hoses

+ All the obvious safety bits you can.

Its not running huge power but with it being pretty light it certainly picks up well and handles amazingly. Test day at Silverstone next Sunday to set the camber and suspension up so will hopefully get some pics up :nice:

Booooooooring!!!

LOL.

Na, seriously good stuff dude!

Many people will be envious for sure. Me included.

How's the Quaife LSD? Is it 1.5 way, 2 way, or ATB?

beautiful, thats a nice roll cage! :bow:

Cheers for the comments guys :nice:

The Quaife is an ATB but works well without being as viscous as a plate type diff. When I first built the car I wanted it to be simple and didnt want a diff that needed servicing, but in hindsight I should have gone for a more aggresive diff and be done with it.

As for the suspension, it was decided to spend money and time making sure it was good, as there was no point having a race car that was quick in a straight line but couldnt go around corners :D

Cost? I was lucky enough to get the Teins 2nd hand so didnt pay £1300+ as most places are advertising them for. The Whiteline ARB's and brace kit kit was £330. DC-sports strut braces were £240 for both and camber kits can be had for about £160 for both. They are all aproximate prices but you get the idea

:)

nice specs if i was you i would swap those megan LCA's for some MFactory units which use spherical bearings instead of bushings:

MFactory Rear Lower Control Arms

also i love your rear sway bar plate :nice: a carbon hatch should help keep the weight down too.

Was on the MF site a while back but didnt notice them little beauties :shocked:

As for the hatch, I've hollowed out the tailgate so its lighter than stock and couldnt really warrant the cost of a CF item to be honest. One day maybe :)

What is the real benefit of the MF LCA over original? Are these bits adjustable?
"Near-Zero deflection and 100% multi-axis movement"...??

Back