CTR and ITR Exhaust Specs

doh

HONDA PINOY
hi to everyone,

i would like to know the size and specs for both CTR and ITR exhaust systems? i am thinking having either or combo to a b16a2 engine.

or any link to an "official" source would be good as well.

cheers!

thanks for the reply.would you know if CTR and ITR oem exhaust are 2.5" or 2.25"? from manifold to the tip?

thanks sir!

I don't have a lot of experience with OEM exhausts since most people here just throw them away but from the EK9 Complete information sticky in the General section found HERE the OEM CTR exhaust is about 2.25"

Attachments

• $004-006.jpg
    $004-006.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 9,465
thanks again blinx.i was hoping to put a complete ek9 exhaust system or a an itr one thinking that they may be 2.5". so i guess i have to go an aftermarket one in which will be more expensive.lol. any decent suggestions? although if an itr exhaust system is a 2.5", ill go for that.

cheers!

doh I've no idea what size the ITR OEM exhaust is but i doubt it's 2.5" If your plans are an average street build any off the shelf 60mm exhaust should be fine. I really like the Fujitsubo RM01A but it's too expensive, just get what you think looks best :nice:

The OEM 98spec ITR exhaust is 2.5" stainless if my memory is right..:nice:

considering you have a hatch, get the CTR. ITR is too long, CTR will fit properly. Piping size is the same, just the rear section is different.

GEeEYah...the misinformation.

ITR and CTR midpipes in terms of diameter are the same. Two resonators. One main, and one secondary right before the axle-back/backbox/muffler (for all our international visitors)

If you have a EJ6 and you can get your hands on an EK9 midpipe and muffler, then go for that.

Otherwise the ITR midpipe will have to have the center hanger modified to fit.

You are best off visiting A&J Racing and looking into the T1R line of exhausts. The motor regardless of 16A/16B/18C can benefit from a 2.5in exhaust - They also had a limited run of their 70mm/2.75in. systems which proved to make the most power at the expense of more noise.

i am bit confused, ctr would have a 2.25 and and itr would have a 2.5? :secret:

Back