ek4 sir specs/vti differences

decided to start this thread due to arguments and misinformation i saw in another thread.im not researching any of this im doing from memory of owning many many hondas so ill try be accurate any mistakes point out and any more differences stick em up.

vti has chrome tint lights sir has bronze
vti has blue chassis plate on bulkhead sir doesnt
vti mph odometer sir kph
vti b16a2 sir b16a
vti has 2 sidelights on top sir has all 4,top and bottom
sir has the little clips on rear number plate recess
vti is 160hp sir is 170
ecu is different
both were available with those blade alloys
sir had climate control,dont think vti had it just normal air con?
sir had wind deflectors vti didnt
sir came with flare,vti didnt

all i can think of for now,add more if anyone wants.

sir only has two sidelights at the rear

there not the same as ek9 rear lights

all the SiR OE honda stickers in door sills etc will be in japanese as well as the sun visor warnings

the center consoles are different, Sir has heater/ac dials that go vertically down, as ek9, and better dials (white) iirc, seats are blue patterns, vti red etc.

the center consoles are different, Sir has heater/ac dials that go vertically down, as ek9, and better dials (white) iirc, seats are blue patterns, vti red etc.

the heater control you are talking about are on most facelift civics not just ek9's and SiR

sir only has two sidelights at the rear

there not the same as ek9 rear lights

all the SiR OE honda stickers in door sills etc will be in japanese as well as the sun visor warnings

that is incorrect about the lights lee ive had lots of em.some people may not have replaced the lower bulbs or else had wrong lights in back

The EK9 does have 4 rear sidelights -- a couple come down my local meet -- its the first thing i noticed....

Yep ek4 sir have twin rear lights lit just like the EK9

how about the SiR here in the philippines? im really buffled if they have the same engine/engine internals.. btw i have an SiR but the sedan one not the hatch model..
my engine got p6dz1 mark on the block, not b16.
hope ill be enlightened by you guys.. :)

how about the SiR here in the philippines? im really buffled if they have the same engine/engine internals.. btw i have an SiR but the sedan one not the hatch model..
my engine got p6dz1 mark on the block, not b16.
hope ill be enlightened by you guys.. :)

then you don have an sir it seems..

A few SiR-II's came to my country buth as 96-98 and 99-00 models. they basically came loaded with everything: sunroof, ABS, airbags, auto climate control and a 170ps B16A4 engine.

A few SiR-II's came to my country buth as 96-98 and 99-00 models. they basically came loaded with everything: sunroof, ABS, airbags, auto climate control and a 170ps B16A4 engine.

they are not the same as JDM SiR's

jdm SiR use b16A

is it a car that came from japan?if its not a jdm car it isnt an sir. if it has a dohc vtec 1.6 engine the engine number should begin b16a.it has to rhd etc etc. just post pics of your car and we will tell you what it is.

is'nt the boot lid different between sir's and vti's, the number plate recess is alot skinnier than in a vti because of the different size number plates??

Last edited:
they are not the same as JDM SiR's

jdm SiR use b16A

sometimes it seems as if you guys get so caught up with the JDM thing. the EK SiRs that came here between 96-00 were almost identical to the Japanese Domestic ones minus maybe the Japanese labelling. They were in fact referred to as SiR-II's. The B16A4 engine output the same bhp as the B16A.

Last edited:
vti b16a used a b16a1 pistons as well, hence the compression and hp different between the vti b16a and the jdm sir b16a.

Back