My New Car!

Championship White

Ex EK9 Rx Owner
Donator
A Lot-all VX220! 2.2L NA!

vauxhall+VX220+Development.jpg

Rear engined, rear wheel drive and with the same chassis as the S2 Lotus as Lotus actually built the car under Vauxhall's funding to allow them to biult their own S2 as well!

Sooooo much fun! Probably a little bit faster than the EK9 in its standard form, but the power delivery is totally different to an EK9 so it's hard to tell.

Really happy with it! And for less than £3,000 you can supercharge it and get 250 BHP reliably so it will do the 60 mph dash in just over 4 seconds!

I'll chuck some pictures up of the actual car on my rally thread as I've had a bit of welding done on the EK4 and got a lamp-pod on the EK9 now (nearly) so it needs an update.

There's a blue one of these wer I live they are really low but look nice!! Are these only a 1.6?

It's a 2.2 n/a really nice handling cars you will have fun with it. I've seen the 220 turbo go and there fast, are you going to look at supercharging it?

Nice buy matey.

They are a very capable car, I have been on track with a few of the turbo ones & they seem to go very well!

Wouldn't mind a drive of one myself!:drive:

2.2 unless you have the turbo which is a 2.0T

Had a shot of one of these, not quite as fast as you'd expect for a 2.2 but if your charging it it'll be quick ! :D

something nice and different! charged ones are uber cool! :nice:

Yeh, mid engined, not rear, my mistake. Like I say, it's not a rocket, but fast enough for me at the moment! Had trouble with the handbrake so ended up watching it roll down a hill and had to sprint out of a restaurant to save it, was a close-call lol!

My exact car was featured in EVO too, just had a look through the magazine :)

haha i would have loved to have seen that, only ever seen it happen on TV lol

I've never run so fast! About 50 people watching at the time too! Utter nightmare watching your car roll away very slowly towards a BMW when you can't get to it!

Might drag-race my brother's EK9 and see how fast it is, the VX has no-nonense acceleration so you don't notice it so much as the EK9, on paper it's like 5.9 to 60.

great cars alot of fun had an elise and a vxt best thing you can do with these is change the wheels the factory 17's all round spoils the handling and was only done for the looks a nice set of 16 front and 17 rear team dynamics transformed mine

Sweeeeeeet looks like a right laugh.. Rwd + rear engined = BEAST !!!!!!
... definately do that test with your bro's EK9.. would be nice to see the results..

Did my ARDS in one of these a couple of years ago, albeit a 220 turbo. They are utterly magnificent to drive, miles and miles better than any Type R Honda ever made. They are however a bit tricky on the absolute limit, rear end breaks away very very quickly and without any warning. There are shed loads of mods that can be made to the 2.2 engine as it's the same engine they put in Vectra and Astra SRI's from that era.

The most essential thing IME is having good matching tyres all around, on crap tyres the handling feels compromised, more so than on any car I've driven. Great purchase though, it's a car that pound for pound is very very hard to beat.

Did my ARDS in one of these a couple of years ago, albeit a 220 turbo. They are utterly magnificent to drive, miles and miles better than any Type R Honda ever made. They are however a bit tricky on the absolute limit, rear end breaks away very very quickly and without any warning. There are shed loads of mods that can be made to the 2.2 engine as it's the same engine they put in Vectra and Astra SRI's from that era.

The most essential thing IME is having good matching tyres all around, on crap tyres the handling feels compromised, more so than on any car I've driven. Great purchase though, it's a car that pound for pound is very very hard to beat.

Yeh, it has the OEM Bridgestones at the moment but I might try to stretch to some R888's as their replacement with some 16/17 TD wheels as per the Elise. Aim is to spend this year getting it sorted mechanically with a good geo etc., lots of track-days and then look into selling or supercharging come insurance renewal.

Back