fn2 CTR 08 recaros MINT couple of PICS added!!:)

kendoevo

Hi i've got a pair of recaro's for sale, they are mint, not a mark a scratch or anything, they still smell new! alcantara with red stitching IMO the nicest honda oem seats at the moment. They came off a fn2 type r hence why it says type r on it but they are actually recaros and not the cheap stuff that the ep3's came with they are lovely seats very very comfy they are not as tight squeeze as the dc2 ones but hold you in the hips and back nicely, these will easily cost £1200 from honda or recaro they are similar to the DC5 seats but look way better IMO, these do come with the side airbags and fn2 rails can fit into any car with the right rails. Its reclines through lift handle at the side rather than a scroll, and the drivers side can be height adjusted ideal for someone after some immaculate recaro's that will give a refreshing look to the interior and that is also very very comfy.
Considering mint dc2 and dc5 seats are still going for £450 i think a resonable
£450ono collected

(if i get asking price or very near offer then willing to travel upto 60 miles to meet or deliver these)

pretty poor pics from my phone and lack of light will get some better ones if needed dont know why these ones have come up really pale and they are black and the red bits are dark red

DSC00165.jpg

DSC00157.jpg

DSC00155.jpg

DSC00159.jpg

DSC00163.jpg

couple of library pics

739848-6t.jpg

looks a bit orange here but they are not

fn2-civic-interior2.jpg

Thanks for veiwing:nice:

Last edited:
Are there any RECARO stamps on it?
Do you reckon they'll bolt onto our DC2/ek9 rails?

basically cos honda needed it to have side airbags they worked with recaro to make these it is recaro design and stitching style and honda made the airbag honda had to also buy the rights to putting the type r label on it as recaro didn't want their name on a seat with airbags on it as they didn't make it hence type r but they are recaros in every way. the type r seats from the ep3 are not and it shows and thats why they are dirt cheap and many of them on ebay. As for the rails i'm really not too sure but even if not it shouldnt be too hard of a job may just mean drilling different hole positions on the dc rails but please dont quote me on this as i havent tried

So airbags are still in those seats then? I cant see how, there are no openings, its all alcantara...

:nono:that one really boggles me too??? theres even a side airbag tag on it but like you said i cant see any opening at all I'll ask my friend who works at honda when i next get the chance.... if its not going into a 8th gen civic then it wont work any ways i dont think

i assume its where the second line of stitching is down the side and it just has weaker points where it rips open the airbag would go off ? ? so you cant see it unless its gone off :) bump for nice lookin seats tho!!

Punch it and see what happens, lol.
You looking for cash sale? I have a set of DC2 black recaro for PX

The airbags will still be intact in the seat, you'd know if they weren't as they blow straight throgh the side of the seat and the seats are ruined and have to be replaced, so if the tags are there the seats are/should still be intact and still have fully functionable airbags (but remember these are on electrical sensors and WONT go off or come out unless wired to a car with the correct wiring for them) I am sure this is how it works now.

Punch it and see what happens, lol.
You looking for cash sale? I have a set of DC2 black recaro for PX

Hi mate what are the condition of your seats have you got any pics? pm me ur offer may thanks

they look fairly hefty, how much does each weigh?

hi there mate sorry dont have any thing i can weigh it on so sorry dont know

and Carl, yes his right no worries about coming out unless its connected and crashed lol but it will be very hard to make use of the airbags imo unless u have a 8th gen honda that has side impact function

thanks all

basically cos honda needed it to have side airbags they worked with recaro to make these it is recaro design and stitching style and honda made the airbag honda had to also buy the rights to putting the type r label on it as recaro didn't want their name on a seat with airbags on it as they didn't make it hence type r but they are recaros in every way. the type r seats from the ep3 are not and it shows and thats why they are dirt cheap and many of them on ebay. As for the rails i'm really not too sure but even if not it shouldnt be too hard of a job may just mean drilling different hole positions on the dc rails but please dont quote me on this as i havent tried

The recaro seats in my focus st have airbags and the recaro logo. Wonder why they don't say ST on them .

Sean

Back