b18 crank and rods (b16b stroker kit)

b18c_rex

All parts required to stroke your b16b into a 1.8. These came from a JDM type R and are in good condition. (I also have the pistons but EK9 pistons are better anyway)

Paypal or cash on collection from Preston (North West)
pics available on request but iam sure you know what a crank and rods look like :D

£350

What rods does this come with?

Does it come with all that is needed for example new bearings etc?

What exactly would i need to do to convert my B16B? Drop the current pistons and rods out, attach my pistons to the new rods and crank then put it all back together?

Do you need a new ECU or mapping?

Gaz

Comes with standard ITR rods. its all standard. Unfortunately it dosnt come with new bearings no. Just the rods and crank. The pistons and (used) rings can be had for a further £25 but as i stated earlier EK9 items have higher compression when used in this application.

Id have said a remap would certainly be beneficial to cope with the extra demand for fuel.

And your statement regarding how it all goes together is pretty much it - yes. lol

OK cool.

Do you know what the current bearings are like on your items? Will i have to change them do you think?

Instead of getting a new ECU which would then have to be mapped couldnt i get a new fuel pump and a FPR then get that set up by someone?

To get around having a re-map would i be able to use a JDM teg ECU?

My current ECU is a EK9 OBD2a

That would be ideal mate yes. A p73 Ecu or something would do the trick nicely :nice:

As for the bearings on mine, its pointless using second hand ones. A set of ACL bearings and big ends can be had for £70/80 and its just peace of mind renewing them if you ask me.

Last edited:
Is a P73 ecu OBD2a aswell or would i need a harness?

Thanks for answering all the questions mate.

Will get back to you tomorrow via PM, just gotta ask a place i know how much it would be to get the bearings replaced and all of it fitted to my car!

Any idea how much shipping would be??

Yeah P73 ECU is an ITR ecu which runs obd2a, so is ideal for your application.
Thats certainly the best way to do it, instead of getting your ECU socketed, as for your earlier question about FPR's - steer clear! There crap!

I can ship the lot (crank + 4 rods) for £20.

EK9 pistons are not really better, you should include the ITR pistons and let the user chose. bump for you...

Is a P73 ecu OBD2a aswell or would i need a harness?

Thanks for answering all the questions mate.

Will get back to you tomorrow via PM, just gotta ask a place i know how much it would be to get the bearings replaced and all of it fitted to my car!

Any idea how much shipping would be??

I have a JDM P73 (OBD2a) ECU for sale mate!
http://www.ek9.org/forum/sale/9619-jdm-b18c-ecu-obd2a.html
Wich i could send @ the same time as b18c_rex is a good friend of mine!:secret:

Back